The MT-07 Forum

Red or grey? That is the question.

awoods177

Hey Y'all,

So I got originally bought the red bike, intending to swap the red plastics with the grey ones. The objective of this exercise is to avoid the blurple wheels and frame on the stock grey bikes which I am not particularly fond of.

Anyways, my plastics arrived today and I did a quick photo of what it might look like.

a95e5c69687fe6d101f6bea6a40ee585.jpg

Just thought I'd see what everyone thought!

--Alex

That's a whole lotta black/graphite/grey there.  In my opinion, it would be nice to have some sort of contrast in there.  Maybe you'd do this with some pin-striping or decals, but with each of the color options, you get a good mix of dark and bright.

White - White Fairings + Black Most Everything Else + Red Rear Spring
Liquid Graphite - Black/Gray fairings + Blurple frame + Wheels
Red - Red Fairings + Black Most Everything Else

My 2cents

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I like it but this looks different from the Canadian graphite, which I prefer. Why do your new panels look black?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I like black.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

It looks awesome, but I'd agree with @Hippybikerchick the panels look black, not grey. Though as @cndnmax, and @fz07nc said, a red accent would look nice. Red pin/vinyl stripes and/or maybe replacing the rear spring with the one off the white model. In the pic that bit of red showing is almost perfect imo, maybe just edging in the red around the new plastics

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

You could go with an all flat gray (that's how we spell it in 'Murica) and black bike -- really stealth

• Premium Member

I like it a lot! Good choice (even though I own one of those gray and blurple abominations).

Why can't left turners see us?

Where can I get myself a set of those plastics? I really dig the matte grey plastics and black frame of the MT-07. It's a shame they don't offer that as an OEM color here in the states.

What is this blasphemy of one trying to avoid the almighty Blurple Frame and wheels!?!!?  ???

No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird. It actually already looks that way with the way the red plastic is layered underneath. 

9gSLxhEl.jpg

• Global Moderator
What is this blasphemy of one trying to avoid the almighty Blurple Frame and wheels!?!!?  ??? 
No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird.

9gSLxhEl.jpg
those "stripes" are only red due to the red shift you're experiencing while looking at the jet. it's only doing mach 2.5 on its way past you

No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird.

9gSLxhEl.jpg
those "stripes" are only red due to the red shift you're experiencing while looking at the jet. it's only doing mach 2.5 on its way past you
Not true. That may enhance the red stripes but, the red stripes on most of the SR-71s were designed to keep the maintenance workers from damaging the fuselage skin. Right where the red strips are is where the fuselage is thin and brittle and this warned the workers of that. Those strips are very much not a result of red shift or speed changing the wavelength of the light. Look at these parked SR-71s for instance. 
 gyM3EVkl.jpg

• Global Moderator
Not true. That may enhance the red stripes but, the red stripes on most of the SR-71s were designed to keep the maintenance workers from damaging the fuselage skin. Right where the red strips are is where the fuselage is thin and brittle and this warned the workers of that. Those strips are very much not a result of red shift or speed changing the wavelength of the light. Look at these parked SR-71s for instance. 
gyM3EVkl.jpg

try making a physics joke and i get schooled :(
RS-71a blackbirds(forward right,back left) are a curiosity for me. I've always loved the styling and the technical advancements that were made just to produce the vehicles.

anyway, off topic.
@awoods177, gotta get that red striping on there somewhere. the black/grey is nice, but it needs a bit of blood

try making a physics joke and i get schooled :(
RS-71a blackbirds(forward right,back left) are a curiosity for me. I've always loved the styling and the technical advancements that were made just to produce the vehicles.

anyway, off topic.
@awoods177, gotta get that red striping on there somewhere. the black/grey is nice, but it needs a bit of blood
Sorry @sorkyah, I didn't mean to school you. Haha I actually didn't know you were joking. A  ;) face or a "Haha" would have helped me to understand it was a joke. Lol Sorry again. No hard feelings? 
But yes, there needs to be red stripes. A little color is good.

• Premium Member
belleau1977

My last AF base I worked at there was a retired Colonel who used to fly the SR71 Blackbird. I always tried to get him to bring a picture of himself in with it but he never saw through how cool I thought it was he flew it back in the day. Still one of the coolest jets to this day. I say make a Bkackbird theme and go online for some pics of things that relate to the jet.

• Premium Member
My last AF base I worked at there was a retired Colonel who used to fly the SR71 Blackbird. I always tried to get him to bring a picture of himself in with it but he never saw through how cool I thought it was he flew it back in the day. Still one of the coolest jets to this day. I say make a Bkackbird theme and go online for some pics of things that relate to the jet.
Not to stray off subject, but where were you stationed? 
I'm retired AF myself.  PM me :)

And...thanks for serving!

- Paulie

• Premium Member
belleau1977
Not to stray off subject, but where were you stationed? 
I'm retired AF myself.  PM me :)

And...thanks for serving!

- Paulie

Mountain Home AFB, Idaho 2004-2010 as a weapons troop. 2010-2014 Seymour Johnson AFB as a chaplain assistant. Moron AB Spain 2014 to now but soon to leave and can't wait my family has been waiting for me 15 months to come home. Also since I got here I knew I was going to buy my first new bike out of the 18 used bikes I've owned in 20 years so patience has been hard to deal with here. 11 years in now and 9 to go to retirement day can't wait. Thanks for your time serving also it's not easy but the benefits and stories of where you've been and what you've seen are worth it. Bagram Afghanistan not so much been there done that twice....

No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird. It actually already looks that way with the way the red plastic is layered underneath. 

9gSLxhEl.jpg

I love this idea. Have to get it custom done though. Might have a buddy who can help...

We'll see! In any case I do think I am going to swap them for now, and see how I like it.

Thanks for the discussion, good stuff!

Where can I get myself a set of those plastics? I really dig the matte grey plastics and black frame of the MT-07. It's a shame they don't offer that as an OEM color here in the states.
I got mine from the dealer I bought my bike from. They gave me an awesome deal, but even full retail I think they are only like $230 or something for all three (left/right/top) panels. Not bad!

I happen to love the blurple. But gray and black looks good too. Just add some color (red) like everyone is saying.

Archived