Sign in to follow this  
awoods177

Red or grey? That is the question.

awoods177
Hey Y'all,

So I got originally bought the red bike, intending to swap the red plastics with the grey ones. The objective of this exercise is to avoid the blurple wheels and frame on the stock grey bikes which I am not particularly fond of.

Anyways, my plastics arrived today and I did a quick photo of what it might look like.

a95e5c69687fe6d101f6bea6a40ee585.jpg

Just thought I'd see what everyone thought!

--Alex

• Like 2

fz07nc
That's a whole lotta black/graphite/grey there.  In my opinion, it would be nice to have some sort of contrast in there.  Maybe you'd do this with some pin-striping or decals, but with each of the color options, you get a good mix of dark and bright.

White - White Fairings + Black Most Everything Else + Red Rear Spring
Liquid Graphite - Black/Gray fairings + Blurple frame + Wheels
Red - Red Fairings + Black Most Everything Else

My 2cents

hippiebikerchick
I like it but this looks different from the Canadian graphite, which I prefer. Why do your new panels look black?

hobbs
I like black.

cndnmax
Would look nice with some red accents. I don't blame you for not wanting the burple wheel/frame.

sorkyah
It looks awesome, but I'd agree with @Hippybikerchick the panels look black, not grey. Though as @cndnmax, and @fz07nc said, a red accent would look nice. Red pin/vinyl stripes and/or maybe replacing the rear spring with the one off the white model. In the pic that bit of red showing is almost perfect imo, maybe just edging in the red around the new plastics

noltz
If you sell the red panels i am much interested in them!

Guru
I like the all black look !

so1102
You could go with an all flat gray (that's how we spell it in 'Murica) and black bike -- really stealth

rowdy
I like it a lot! Good choice (even though I own one of those gray and blurple abominations).
  • Like 1

pgeldz
I like it. Looks very stealth fighter-esqe

:)

- Paulie

justmate0
Where can I get myself a set of those plastics? I really dig the matte grey plastics and black frame of the MT-07. It's a shame they don't offer that as an OEM color here in the states.

Allan
What is this blasphemy of one trying to avoid the almighty Blurple Frame and wheels!?!!?  ???

No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird. It actually already looks that way with the way the red plastic is layered underneath. 

9gSLxhEl.jpg

sorkyah
What is this blasphemy of one trying to avoid the almighty Blurple Frame and wheels!?!!?  ??? 
No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird.

9gSLxhEl.jpg
those "stripes" are only red due to the red shift you're experiencing while looking at the jet. it's only doing mach 2.5 on its way past you

Allan
No, but in all seriousness, I really like the all black look as well. Like @pgeldz stated, very Stealth Fighter-like. If you added red pin-stripes down the seems of the plastics you could make it look like an SR-71 Blackbird.

9gSLxhEl.jpg
those "stripes" are only red due to the red shift you're experiencing while looking at the jet. it's only doing mach 2.5 on its way past you
Not true. That may enhance the red stripes but, the red stripes on most of the SR-71s were designed to keep the maintenance workers from damaging the fuselage skin. Right where the red strips are is where the fuselage is thin and brittle and this warned the workers of that. Those strips are very much not a result of red shift or speed changing the wavelength of the light. Look at these parked SR-71s for instance. 
 gyM3EVkl.jpg