Sign in to follow this  
motomachines

Hepco & Becker Side Carriers for Hard Luggage

motomachines
The Hepco & Becker Lock-It Side Carrier features a unique design that allows for each motorcycle to have its own specific bolt-on fitment, while retaining the universal fitment for all H&B hard luggage cases.

http://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Lock-It-Side-Carrier--Yamaha-FZ07_p_4985.html

650.4537%2000%2001_2.jpg

Here's how it works:

Since each motorcycle will have different mounting points, Hepco & Becker provides each model with a few mounting adapters, which bolt right onto existing mounting points of the motorcycle's frame. Once the adapters are secure, you can then attach the actual side carrier frame to the bike, using the provided 'lock-it' fasteners. These quarter-turn bolts allow you the option of removing the frames when not in use, in a matter of seconds.

With these carriers attached to your motorcycle, you have the option to mount any of the 40+ luggage options that Hepco & Becker provides!

650.4537%2000%2001_1.jpg

yamaha_mt07_hepco_web.png

• Like 1

merc16
What is the inside width of the racks ? I'm wondering if my fender eliminator will work with this.
  • Like 1

motomachines
What is the inside width of the racks ? I'm wondering if my fender eliminator will work with this.
From the inside of the left to the inside of the right side, it would measure just about 13.5 inches. The total width Hepco & Becker gives is 370mm, which measures from the outside to the outside, and the tubing itself is 5/8ths of an inch.  
  • Like 1

merc16
I think I will have just enough room with my Evotech fender eliminator and that measurement. I'm thinking about the Journey 40's.
  • Like 1

motomachines
I think I will have just enough room with my Evotech fender eliminator and that measurement. I'm thinking about the Journey 40's.
We do have all the Journey side cases in stock!  

merc16
Ok it will be later this year but I'm planning on it.

zombiphone
I run these on my FZ right now with the Xplorer 30s and the holder/gas can attached to the case. Definitely my favorite mod so far (and I'm told the racks make great handholds when you're terrified and riding on the back, haha). The FZ has been my first experience with Hepco Becker stuff, and I'm really loving it all so far <3
  • Like 4

motomachines
Glad you like them! Anyway you could post pictures?

zombiphone
I need to take it out for a ride to take some better pictures, but since that might take a moment, I'll give you some exciting driveway shots, haha. Mine are currently covered in the stickers with the personal race logos of all my friends who I race with, which for me was another hugely fun and personal part of the hard cases :)

6d83ca13-1164-4991-9c65-0dfbee304d4d.jpg
IMG_20160210_092303170_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160210_092321909_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160210_092336432_HDR.jpg

And this was from when I first installed them, before I added the canister and the stickers:

12116004_10206469544875508_6009067952383283114_n.jpg?oh=fe2558ffb7bfd0e5eba32e1e1c632d39&oe=57630761

And this is the bike with the cases removed (because of affore mentioned taking a friend on a two up ride):

1969218_10156286722485251_360186276892878427_n.jpg?oh=5daae5e77fa85b3dbc68d8cf617674e8&oe=572DB035

Can't express enough how much I love these so far. Sooooo convenient, and super easy to remove or reattach the cases whenever I don't need them. Double points because the cases have tie down points for my dry bag and anything else I need to strap down. Great stuff!
  • Like 2

merc16
Thanks for the pics ! It does make me rethink side cases though. You have 30s and in the pics they look huge,especially the width. No offense intended

eno311
are you able to fit a helmet in the Xplorer 30's?

zombiphone
Nope, too narrow for a helmet. I was a little bummed when I realized that, but not really a big deal. Fits quite a bit of stuff, including all of my other riding gear though.

As for the width of the bags, the camera angle is a bit deceiving. They stick out about as wide as the stock mirrors do, so they don't technically change the bike's width much when, say, lane splitting. But I can definitely understand the concern. I'm building this bike to go cross country, so these were worth it for my needs. But I can see them being over kill for most people.
  • Like 2

motomachines
Bike looks great! For the Xplorers to fit a helmet, you'd need to up the size to the 40L size.

Width of the cases is 8.7 inches each, with a total width of just about 32". Just FYI!
  • Like 1

adv42
All that bike need now is knobbie tires!

• Like 1

zombiphone
I'm currently planning on getting some pirelli scorpion trails for it! This has been my project "adventure bikes for short wimpy people," haha
  • Like 1

merc16
I am thinking about those tires or Continental TrailAttack for replacement tires.

merc16
Moto Machines, I messaged you about some info.

merc16
Got my 40L's installed. Thanks!

JboEYEvl.jpg

• Like 2

motomachines
Awesome!
  • Like 1