The MT-07 Forum

Welcome to 2 Wheel Dynoworks!

Cruizin

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

@beemer check out the how to video in the May how to section. It's really easy I had mine out and in the mail in 15 minutes.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2wheeldynoworks
I don't know about anyone else but I'm still waiting on some ECU removal pics. I'm afraid I'll send in a fuse or something.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Big shout out to 2 wheel DynoWorks for the fast turnaround. I put my ecu in a box on Wednesday, he received it Friday, and I had a return tracking number Friday evening. It's back on the bike now. I will do a ride report once it stops raining.

2wheeldynoworks

We try our best to be as fast as possible, we know how much of a bummer it is to have a bike down because of a shop. Hopefully it dries out soon for you, we want all the feedback we can get, that's how we keep improving!

Big shout out to 2 wheel DynoWorks for the fast turnaround. I put my ecu in a box on Wednesday, he received it Friday, and I had a return tracking number Friday evening. It's back on the bike now. I will do a ride report once it stops raining.
Wow! That definitely is fast! I can't wait for your report to gauge a little whether to get the flash tune or not. Anyone know any sun dances?

Beemer

Thought I would throw in my $.02 since I see lots of questions about using the EJK with the reflash.

These two together could honestly be a great combination together. With the reflash, you get timing, lower temp for the fan to start, and all those other changes included in the flash along with a fuel tune up.
With the EJK, you get the ability to easily adjust your fuel tune up with a couple push buttons.

I have lots of people tell me they want to retain fuel economy or want to get the most performance out of their machine.
This would require different EJK settings or various reflashes to dial in the fuel tune up specifically for the riders style and preference.

Details about using the EJK with the reflash:
The EJK will work right along with the ECU reflash as we are a piggy back system and simply manipulate whatever fuel tune up is in the ECU.
However, our recommended settings will not be good settings to use as these are settings for correcting the fueling on a stock bike.
For FZ-07 owners who plan to use both the EJK and the ECU reflash, you should start with the EJK settings that have 0% change to the fuel curve.
See how the bike runs with just the flash, look at fuel economy, performance, etc. and see if any adjustments are needed from there.

Has anyone used the EJK along with a reflash as of yet?
How did it work out?

I'd be curious to know what AFR the reflash targets for the various RPM ranges...

Welcome to the forum Nels!

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

buckaroobanzai

Would love to hear some feedback on someone that has done this. Nothing else posted on this since May 12.

2wheeldynoworks
Would love to hear some feedback on someone that has done this. Nothing else posted on this since May 12. 

It seems most people are choosing one or the other and not both, maybe out of cost concerns?

2wheeldynoworks
Thought I would throw in my $.02 since I see lots of questions about using the EJK with the reflash. 
These two together could honestly be a great combination together. With the reflash, you get timing, lower temp for the fan to start, and all those other changes included in the flash along with a fuel tune up.
With the EJK, you get the ability to easily adjust your fuel tune up with a couple push buttons.

I have lots of people tell me they want to retain fuel economy or want to get the most performance out of their machine.
This would require different EJK settings or various reflashes to dial in the fuel tune up specifically for the riders style and preference.

Details about using the EJK with the reflash:
The EJK will work right along with the ECU reflash as we are a piggy back system and simply manipulate whatever fuel tune up is in the ECU.
However, our recommended settings will not be good settings to use as these are settings for correcting the fueling on a stock bike.
For FZ-07 owners who plan to use both the EJK and the ECU reflash, you should start with the EJK settings that have 0% change to the fuel curve.
See how the bike runs with just the flash, look at fuel economy, performance, etc. and see if any adjustments are needed from there.

Has anyone used the EJK along with a reflash as of yet?
How did it work out?

I'd be curious to know what AFR the reflash targets for the various RPM ranges...

Welcome to the forum Nels!

-TuningHQ

Thanks for clarifying some of that and for the warm welcome. AFR is generally set around 13.2:1-13.7:1, most tunes are just a touch on the safe side for the sake of longevity of the engine

They are many members on here that have installed the EJK. I'm sure there will be a couple of them that are looking to get that little extra out of their bike and go with the reflash as well.
Maybe we will hear some feedback from some of them.

We set our boxes up to run in similar AFR ranges right out of the box. I believe we go a bit richer for our full throttle zone for performance and right around that 13.5-14 AFR range for our green zone to maintain fuel economy while cruising.

For anyone using both, the EJK would be a quick and simple way to fine tune without sending it in.
If I had both, I would utilize both. I would set my EJK to 0% fuel changes and then fine tune with the EJK until I got the bike running just how I liked it.
Once their I would look at the setting changes I made on the EJK to provide Nels with a good idea of the fuel changes I wanted on the reflash.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

2wheeldynoworks
Are there any gains to be had by upping the timing and running higher octane fuel?
Timing is already optimized for pump fuels. What kind of octane are you planning on running?

I was just wondering if there was any point in running 93 instead of 87. I know with my Subarus and Focus ST that most of the reflashes require it because the timing and boost is pushed a lot.

2wheeldynoworks
I was just wondering if there was any point in running 93 instead of 87. I know with my Subarus and Focus ST that most of the reflashes require it because the timing and boost is pushed a lot.
Runs safely on either and not required to bump the octane up. 

bmwpowere36m3
Runs safely on either and not required to bump the octane up. 
I think his question is more along the lines, "is the ECU tuned for 93 octane?"  If you can run 87 or 93 octane, then really its just tuned for 87 octane, which is not a bad thing.  Theoretically if tuned for 93 octane you could be more aggressive with the timing, but you'd be forced to run only 93.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I don't think running on the hairy edge of the timing window will give a ton better results as far as power. I personally don't want a tune that is so borderline dangerous to where I must run 93. Mainly because I can't get 93 at 100% of gas stations I go to. Some only have 91 and some really small back roads ones only have one pump of 89...

Do you really want to get stuck running lower octane ratings than the engine requires and risk damage? I drove my camaro across country and it requires 93. About 2 days in I realized I could only get 91 in some places. So I pulled out the computer and pulled out timing to be safe. It was a hassle but I was able to do it. However, we can't do it in these bikes without sending the ECU back to 2WDW. It's better to be safe at a lower octane required than to squeeze out maybe 1 extra hp.

Do you have a tune for Akra Ti no cat, with baffle, snorkel removed?

Is the O2 sensor plugged or unplugged with a tune?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I have the akra to pipe with cat no baffle. Cat is just to reclaim some of the mod range lost when pulling the baffle. Most of what I've heard is the tune is basically the same but the power band is shifted.

Keep your o2 plugged in. I had the o2 removed and a wideband installed with a power commander. To hit target afrs I was pulling -30 % fuel. Idle was way rich as well. Plugged stock o2 back in and set power commander to 0 and this tune is awesome as is. Pulled power commander and I'm selling it.

• Premium Member

Is there a leovince flash yet??

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
I have the akra to pipe with cat no baffle. Cat is just to reclaim some of the mod range lost when pulling the baffle. Most of what I've heard is the tune is basically the same but the power band is shifted.  
Keep your o2 plugged in. I had the o2 removed and a wideband installed with a power commander. To hit target afrs I was pulling -30 % fuel. Idle was way rich as well. Plugged stock o2 back in and set power commander to 0 and this tune is awesome as is. Pulled power commander and I'm selling it.
How about going back to stock exhaust with DNA filter, Snorkel removed with EJK? Should i still have the 02 sensor unplugged or plugged back in? I just want the EJK to smooth out some of the power.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I don't have experience with ejk but of you have the 2wdw tune the need to unplug your stock o2 is gone. Just unplugging it stock I noticed a lot of improvement in engine braking. But really you want some way to tell where your air fuel ratios are in the cruise range. I used power commander and autotune for this. When I pulled autotune off and put stock o2 back in set the fuel maps to 0 I felt no difference in power better or worse. But this makes sense because I tuned to the afrs nels recommended me to go to.

The engine braking/closed to open throttle is driving me crazy! Gotta get this done.

What's the procedure? Call? Email?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Contact information for nels is in the 2nd post. Just send him an email and he will provide you with an address. Ship it there USPS small flat rate box works. Send PayPal payment according to his instructions in the email. For me the whole process took 5 days with shipping to and from Alabama.

Archived