The MT-07 Forum

Ducati Panigale 899 Demo Ride

mericc

So I did a demo ride on a 2014 Ducati Panigale 899...and oh boy i think im in love, i think i found my weekend bike, itll be a tough call between an R1/6 and the 899. I also test rode the monstee 821/ 1200 and the streetfighter. Anyways if you have time to kill heres my demo ride....

(Sorry if the video is long)

Oh yeah btw my buddy that crashed the scrambler is okay.

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member

Did it get hot under your bum? I've read several reports of these burning your legs off...is it true? What gear were you riding in and what was the ambient outside temp?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

- Paulie

Did it get hot under your bum? I've read several reports of these burning your legs off...is it true? What gear were you riding in and what was the ambient outside temp? 
Inquiring minds want to know :)

- Paulie

It got a bit warm between upper thigh and bum area lol. Outside temp was about 78°. I was wearing a dainese textile jacket, perf leather gloves, jeans, and nike free runs. now does the hot bum outweigh the awesomeness of this bike? YES HAHA

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Wow! who laid the bike down? Did he have to buy it? LOL, thats crazy!

My friend tony laid it down lol, no his insurance is going to cover it, but according to the ducati rep, they said not to worry about it, guess well see though. Good thing he didnt get on the panigale first haha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

bmwpowere36m3
Wow! who laid the bike down? Did he have to buy it? LOL, thats crazy!
I recently did a Yamaha DEMO day (rode the FZ-07, FZ-09 and R6) and there was no requirement for you to have insurance... just a MC endorsement and some gear. That said, I didn't read the fine print in the waiver. I would have assumed that Yamaha or whoever sponsors the "demo" would be insured... you know liability and all.

• Premium Member

Thank you Sir! If it was warm at 78 degrees, it'll prob be scorching at over 100 here in Vegas...

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

One of the reasons why I picked the FZ-07 is because the 270 crank gave the same syncopated firing order as a Ducati. I still think Ducatis are awesome, but I don't think I would look at buying one until they come out with another 900SS.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

One of the reasons why I picked the FZ-07 is because the 270 crank gave the same syncopated firing order as a Ducati. I still think Ducatis are awesome, but I don't think I would look at buying one until they come out with another 900SS.

Now that was a bike!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i have a ducati [spit!] and the total-cost-of-ownership ensures i'll never buy another.

-HowWorkClutch

i have a ducati [spit!] and the total-cost-of-ownership ensures i'll never buy another.  

I seem to hear this frequently. 
As a new rider that lusts over Ducati's, that is a really disconcerting thing to hear. :/

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Now that was a bike!
Not to hyjack this thread but I would love to see this:

42005d1231806290-1000ss-concept-ducati_supersport_1000.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Now that was a bike!
Not to hyjack this thread but I would love to see this: 

42005d1231806290-1000ss-concept-ducati_supersport_1000.jpg

Yeah! And they got the color right on that one too!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest cjwwd2

Man, I wish they had demos at the Ducati dealers by me :(

Make sure you check what insurance will be on that thing before you buy one...I was blown away at what it costs!  :o

• Premium Member

As a new rider that lusts over Ducati's, that is a really disconcerting thing to hear. :/
It's one of the reasons I myself couldn't justify purchasing one myself.  I was considering a Monster before the FZ 07 came out.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
It's one of the reasons I myself couldn't justify purchasing one myself.  I was considering a Monster before the FZ 07 came out.
Ditto -- I have always lusted after the Italian bikes (and cars!  [EDIT:  and women!  LOL]) but cannot justify the total expense

Same. 
I just found it hard to stomach the repair costs associated with an 8 thousand dollar bike...it makes no sense to spend an 1/8th of the cost of the bike on repairs every year...

It such a shame too because i absolutely adore basically everything Ducati does.

I totally understand with the Sportbikes for maintenance. As far as the hypers and monsters, they are actually easy to work on and all you really need to worry about is the 18,500 valve service. Other than that, if you're sorta mechanically inclined, no worries. I was at the same dilemma, but caved in and got one anyways.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I totally understand with the Sportbikes for maintenance. As far as the hypers and monsters, they are actually easy to work on and all you really need to worry about is the 18,500 valve service. Other than that, if you're sorta mechanically inclined, no worries. I was at the same dilemma, but caved in and got one anyways.
I agree, Although parts are expensive Ducatis they have come a long way from where they were in the '80s. I am glad that they were able to get beyond the 6k valve service intervals.

I absolutely love how the new motor makes more hp than the 1100, water cooled abs, traction control, better ergos, and reconfigured the exhaust layout (even though the old setup is cool to look at: underseat, but too hot under the bum and a leg burner). All smiles here.

fromthecage

Yeah, theres a Ducati demo coming up next month down here. I've been lusting over the 899 for a while and (luckily am mechanically inclined) can totally see myself having one as a toy. Now for that extra $16k.......

How reliable are these things? I saw on YouTube a motovlogger called snowcat has had his hypermotard break down twice. That's 2 times to many Imo for a new bike.......

I have zero problems with the bike. Absolutely loving it. I have heard of those that have had problems with it, but a far from few, not enough for a recall. Plus, I got a 2014 and maybe they (Ducati) worked out the bugs from the 2013. I got an updated Fly-BWT, SC slip-on and a fender eliminator and sliders in the near future and that's it. No complaints whatsoever: work duty, weekend blast, highway runs, nothing...
dgWnABv.jpgjHVeF8K.jpg

Archived