mericc

Ducati Panigale 899 Demo Ride

mericc
So I did a demo ride on a 2014 Ducati Panigale 899...and oh boy i think im in love, i think i found my weekend bike, itll be a tough call between an R1/6 and the 899. I also test rode the monstee 821/ 1200 and the streetfighter. Anyways if you have time to kill heres my demo ride....

(Sorry if the video is long)

Oh yeah btw my buddy that crashed the scrambler is okay.
  • Like 1

pgeldz
Did it get hot under your bum? I've read several reports of these burning your legs off...is it true? What gear were you riding in and what was the ambient outside temp?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

- Paulie

Cruizin
Wow! who laid the bike down? Did he have to buy it? LOL, thats crazy!

mericc
Did it get hot under your bum? I've read several reports of these burning your legs off...is it true? What gear were you riding in and what was the ambient outside temp? 
Inquiring minds want to know :)

- Paulie

It got a bit warm between upper thigh and bum area lol. Outside temp was about 78°. I was wearing a dainese textile jacket, perf leather gloves, jeans, and nike free runs. now does the hot bum outweigh the awesomeness of this bike? YES HAHA

mericc

My friend tony laid it down lol, no his insurance is going to cover it, but according to the ducati rep, they said not to worry about it, guess well see though. Good thing he didnt get on the panigale first haha

Cruizin
Something tells me that "Tony" will never live this one down!

bmwpowere36m3
I recently did a Yamaha DEMO day (rode the FZ-07, FZ-09 and R6) and there was no requirement for you to have insurance... just a MC endorsement and some gear. That said, I didn't read the fine print in the waiver. I would have assumed that Yamaha or whoever sponsors the "demo" would be insured... you know liability and all.

pgeldz
Thank you Sir! If it was warm at 78 degrees, it'll prob be scorching at over 100 here in Vegas...

:)

- Paulie

snowdriftless
One of the reasons why I picked the FZ-07 is because the 270 crank gave the same syncopated firing order as a Ducati. I still think Ducatis are awesome, but I don't think I would look at buying one until they come out with another 900SS.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
One of the reasons why I picked the FZ-07 is because the 270 crank gave the same syncopated firing order as a Ducati. I still think Ducatis are awesome, but I don't think I would look at buying one until they come out with another 900SS.

Now that was a bike!

howworkclutch
i have a ducati [spit!] and the total-cost-of-ownership ensures i'll never buy another.

• Like 2

magsz18
i have a ducati [spit!] and the total-cost-of-ownership ensures i'll never buy another.  

I seem to hear this frequently. 
As a new rider that lusts over Ducati's, that is a really disconcerting thing to hear. :/

snowdriftless
Now that was a bike!
Not to hyjack this thread but I would love to see this:

42005d1231806290-1000ss-concept-ducati_supersport_1000.jpg

hippiebikerchick
Now that was a bike!
Not to hyjack this thread but I would love to see this: 

42005d1231806290-1000ss-concept-ducati_supersport_1000.jpg

Yeah! And they got the color right on that one too!

Guest cjwwd2
Man, I wish they had demos at the Ducati dealers by me :(

Make sure you check what insurance will be on that thing before you buy one...I was blown away at what it costs!  :o