The MT-07 Forum

Hello from LA

jcol88

Hi ladies and gents,

Been trolling around the forums for a month or so. I got my fz07 a few months ago ~3k miles at this point. I have been riding for ~ 2 years, i had a ducati m900 before. It was decked out when I bought it, but unfortunately some ass hat stole it. So through a friend's recommendation I tried the fz07 (hoping to really get a feel for riding and be able to tinker with the bike). Well for me right out of the box the fz07 is fun I love how incredibly easy it is to lean, but not even close to being the bike I want. 

I still consider myself a 'noob' when it comes to motorcycles. I am feeling my way through this. Coming from a ducati I understand there are going to be quite a few things that are different. However, the shocks have been a huge disappointment. Turning on the street tends to be a little scary with the shetty cracked streets around my area. As soon as I hit a bump in the rode i feel like im on a rocking horse. Even breaking and accelerating seems to rock the bike quite a bit. 

The other issue I am having is going from a loud bike (ducati) to an almost silent bike. <rant> LA drivers suck, in general riding through LA is like playing frogger. I swear people see me and decide to try to hit me anyways. I have already been standing at a light and have had a truck just decide to drive straight into me. Luckily once his hood bent he noticed me and stopped. </rant> So I am currently searching around the market for some louder pipes as well.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Welcome to the fam @jcol88. I too felt the need to change the suspension a little & exhaust. Dobeck Performance is a supporting vendor for our forum and offers member discounts. The service is bar none and they sell the all mighty EJK that'll save your bike when you do decide which exhaust to go with. We also have supporting vendors for suspension as well, check em all out on the "Home" page click at top left corner. Good luck out there!

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome, They FZ-07 is a great bike but has room for improvement. Suspension and exhaust should be top priority for any upgrades after any protection (Radiator guard, Sliders, etc...). Supporting vendors offer solutions to either of the issues you have with the FZ, and should be able to help you correct them.

Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome jcol88! We bikers have to ride as though we are invisible to other drivers. Thanks for joining.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome jcol88! We bikers have to ride as though we are invisible to other drivers. Thanks for joining.
Invisible?! I ride like drivers can see me and want to do me harm.... 
Side note: I was driving on the freeway with my sister-in-law over the weekend and she was flamboyantly swerving out of the way to give lane splitters more room in hopes to get a peace sign. It was kind of hilarious, she would get so disappointed if the bikers didnt give her some recognition.

Archived