The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar/Rearset Combo

suspiciouspackage

suspiciouspackage

I like the upright position of the FZ as it is but personally I'd like something more aggressive. Something I just saw and absolutely love is this. Many times while I'm riding, I catch myself leaning forward because it feels more natural to me. And from what I remember the general rule is that the lower your handlebars, the further back your rearsets should be. I would love to replicate the combo from what I linked but I don't know if that would be possible. Can anyone suggest anything?

Yeah, paulie is running the m1 bars from suburban machinery with graves rear sets i think? I actually have the m3 bars from suburban and love how it gives me more of an agressevie feel, but due to not having rear sets, its super uncomfortable

But yeah suburban machinery m1 bars w/ graves rear sets, i think your looking about $800

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

suspiciouspackage
Yeah, paulie is running the m1 bars from suburban machinery with graves rear sets i think? I actually have the m3 bars from suburban and love how it gives me more of an agressevie feel, but due to not having rear sets, its super uncomfortable  
But yeah suburban machinery m1 bars w/ graves rear sets, i think your looking about $800
Now the debate of this vs exhaust. Sigh.

• Premium Member

i have driven rearsets and renthal ultra-low handlebars for a lot less.

• Premium Member

I have the Gilles Tooling rearsets from Yamaha UK, not the Graves, just FYI.

Rearsets are in the highest, most rearward position, and it's awesome!

:)

- Paulie

Yeah, paulie is running the m1 bars from suburban machinery with gilles rear sets i think? I actually have the m3 bars from suburban and love how it gives me more of an agressevie feel, but due to not having rear sets, its super uncomfortable  
But yeah suburban machinery m1 bars w/ gilles rear sets, i think your looking about $800

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

- Paulie

Man i keep getting graves and gilles mixed up hahah, thanks for the auto correct paulie haha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

If you go that low you almost certainly will have to move the pegs back ( not necessarily up that depends on you pelvis leg geometry but probably). Otherwise the angle between your back and upper leg will get too acute for comfort and quick reaction. I completely agree with this direction as ( I have said many times) the MT07 has a very poor weight bias. It is wayyyyy too far back and needs more weight on the front end. Doing this will help load the front ( just as importantly help UNload the soggy rear) and give you more front grip and improve turn in.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

This ^^^

I've been waiting for the guinea pig - I mean Paulie :-D - to finish his build just for these two components. I already know what else I want to do with my bike, but this part was gonna be pricey and a little trial and error, so I figured why not wait since I knew Paulie was trying it out first.

Really interested to hear how if feels after some extended riding sessions.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

- Paulie
Can you lock the steering with those bars with the tank plastics? Or do the tank plastics get in the way of the new handle bars?

• Premium Member

- Paulie
Can you lock the steering with those bars with the tank plastics? Or do the tank plastics get in the way of the new handle bars?
Full lock both sides, no contact anywhere :) 
- Paulie

Archived