The MT-07 Forum

Paulie's FZ-07 SP: MotoGP Edition

pgeldz

alexrichardson

Guys could one of you that have been in contact with them please send them an email saying i want to talk to them, email me at alexrichardson01@hotmail.com regarding shipping as they havent gotten back to me yet.
much appreciated if someone can.

• Premium Member
Guys could one of you that have been in contact with them please send them an email saying i want to talk to them, email me at alexrichardson01@hotmail.com regarding shipping as they havent gotten back to me yet. much appreciated if someone can.
Done!

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Hey guys,

So it's seems like the handle bars are getting a lot of attention lately.  Terry and Sally at Suburban Machinery said they are getting inquires, no doubt because of all you guys :)

I've had some questions about clearance - if there is any contact at full lock.  I've always said there are no issues but as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words...in this case, two thousand (2 pics) :)

xJpKFBoh.jpg

dOebODFh.jpg

That's full lock in either direction.  No contact anywhere, and the bars fit nicely in the "pocket" where the Black plastic air intake panel meets the tank panel.  You can still have your hands around the grips too at full lock without any drama.  Hope these pics help depict it a little better :)

As for the track day weekend, it went perfectly.  The bike ran flawlessly all day.  No issues whatsoever.  Happy to report there were no clearance issues either at full lean.  No hard parts touched down except my knees, lol.

I will say this though...the FZ-07 has some strong engine braking.  I don't notice it as much on the street, but on the track it felt strong enough from high rpm that I found myself using it with much less actual braking force on the lever than I'd normally use.  I liked it but I think it'll be harder to learn proper braking techniques because of it.

One of the main guys from FlashTune was on hand and I had a chat with him about the FZ-07.  He told me that they smooth that out, remove limiters, and some other gee-whiz technical stuff and that Nels from 2 Wheel DynoWorks was their main west coast tuner (which we sorta already know if you've been looking at the other posts).

I told him I already have a DynoJet PCV and I feel like I have a conflict of interest getting a flash because DynoJet used my bike for final certification and in the process gave me a PCV for free.

He said not to worry, I should use them both, and that the ultimate combo at this point in time is to use them together because there is something the PCV can do that the flash can't, which is TPS.

When I inquired about the quickshifter, he said to do that with the PCV you need the DynoJet Ignition module, but if I get a flash, they can do it directly in the ECU, meaning less additional add on stuff to wire up and store.

He's going to talk with Nels and see about sorting me out :)

As for the actual track day, I'll do up a full report once my pics are ready from the on-site photographer (about a week), and I get a chance to post up some footage.  I got my Go Pro mounted and got a couple different viewpoints, as well as the footage from my instructor chasing me.

I'll leave you with a few pics that can sum up how the weekend went though...

Tire BEFORE:

3j6S3uUh.jpg

Tire AFTER:

VYWkIaxh.jpg

Me, AFTER:

rqH8wd5h.jpg

- Paulie

• Premium Member
One of the main guys from FlashTune was on hand and I had a chat with him about the FZ-07.  

When I inquired about the quickshifter, he said to do that with the PCV you need the DynoJet Ignition module, but if I get a flash, they can do it directly in the ECU, meaning less additional add on stuff to wire up and store.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that they can effectively add a quickshifter feature via an ECU flash and no additional hardware?  Because if so, well -- damn, that would be sweet to not have to clutch to upshift -- even on the street :)

• Premium Member
One of the main guys from FlashTune was on hand and I had a chat with him about the FZ-07.   

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that they can effectively add a quickshifter feature via an ECU flash and no additional hardware?  Because if so, well -- damn, that would be sweet to not have to clutch to upshift -- even on the street :)
Well, sort of.  You still need the inline sensor on the shift rod linkage, but you don't need to buy the ignition module for the PCV, since that part can be done via flash.

- Paulie
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing those pics of your awesome bike! Damn she looks great. Amazing job man.

Boom

Paulie, you rock! Thanks for the "mini" review. Looking forward to the full write up. I need to check on the status of my bars, should arrive any day now.

Also, thanks for getting with them for our Aussie friend. You beat me to it.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

alexrichardson

Yeh thanks guys! i understand they may be getting smashed with enquirys so ill be patient :) You guys are the best!

Wow
That is impressive.

Nice salute to Yamaha's current success this season.
Rossi will always be my favorite rider.

Wow That is impressive.

Nice salute to Yamaha's current success this season.
Rossi will always be my favorite rider.
That's not a Rossi bike.  It's a Lorenzo bike.  :P

Did I say that was a Rossi Bike?
Nope
I said nice salute to Yamaha

but then added that Rossi is my favorite rider, who happens to be the other rider for Yamaha and the current Points leader. Although if Lorenzo keeps up his current pace, he will take over next weekend.
Nice to see Yamaha giving it to Honda this season

Hey @pgeldz, got my M1 bars today!  

Quick question... It came pre-drilled with locator holes for the controls.  You may or may not know (I know you said the shop put your on for you), but do you know if those holes worked with our controls?  Did you ever hear back from the shop on that?  No worries if not.  

At first glance they seem like they might work.  Just not sure if those things follow some standard across manufacturers or not.  I've never had a bike with bars until this one.  

Thanks! 

• Premium Member
Hey @pgeldz, got my M1 bars today!   

Quick question... It came pre-drilled with locator holes for the controls.  You may or may not know (I know you said the shop put your on for you), but do you know if those holes worked with our controls?  Did you ever hear back from the shop on that?  No worries if not.  

At first glance they seem like they might work.  Just not sure if those things follow some standard across manufacturers or not.  I've never had a bike with bars until this one.  

Thanks! 
Crap!  Ya know, I got so wrapped up in the trackday weekend I totally forgot to ask him.

I'm pretty sure the holes won't line up, because when it was all said and done, there is one hole that is half covered up by the controls, meaning the other half is exposed :)

As for pics, video, and a review from the trackday weekend, I should have that up this weekend :)

- Paulie

No worries man! I'll figure it out and drill new holes if necessary. I might try to put this on this weekend. Depends on how much time I want to work on the bike vs ride the bike ha!

If I may ask what size res mount do I need for the fz07? I'm about to get a traxxion setup myself and love how yours is mounted.

• Premium Member
If I may ask what size res mount do I need for the fz07? I'm about to get a traxxion setup myself and love how yours is mounted.
Thanks!

Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the shock set up, only to to use their 2 dollar hose clamp and scratch it all up.  I think if you're spending over 1200 bucks, they can include a nicer way to mount it :)

The one I used is from Ballistic Fabrication, and it's like $35.  It's a 1" to 2" as far as size goes.

Let us know how you make out...

- Paulie

• Like 1

Thanks! 
Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on the shock set up, only to to use their 2 dollar hose clamp and scratch it all up.  I think if you're spending over 1200 bucks, they can include a nicer way to mount it :)

The one I used is from Ballistic Fabrication, and it's like $35.  It's a 1" to 2" as far as size goes.

Let us know how you make out...

- Paulie

Thank you! I'm actually gonna take my bike to their HQ for install/set-up, when everything is ready. They told me 3 weeks on the rear shock. I Think I'm gonna buy that mount and take it with me as well haha.

alexrichardson

Whats some good sites i can buy parts from? body panels, mirrors, anything, i wanna buy some stuff

• Premium Member

Lusiphur beat me to it :)

Alex, did you ever get a response back from Suburban Machinery? Sally has been feeling under the weather lately and she just returned to work recently.

Please let me know...

- Paulie

Lookie who's bike is modeling the M1s for the FZ-07 on the SM site... http://www.suburban-machinery.com/duchypmoto.html

Yeah, let us know how it works out for you Alex. I'd contact them too, but like Paulie said, "mom" has been a little under the weather lately. I don't want to bombard them if Paulie is already trying to get in touch. I do have phone [HASH]s though, if anyone needs them (I'm sure Paulie does as well).

alexrichardson

Hey paulie still no reply to my email (alexrichardson01@hotmail.com)
I just wanna know how much exactly its going to cost because the bars are already ~AU$230 (considering i can get a normal drag bar for $30 its a lot of money) so yeh ill wait for a reply i guess, im willing to spend the money but just wanna know exactly what im spending