The MT-07 Forum

Wrecked my fz07

mulligantd

So happy you made it! 
Stay strong. You must have had good riding gear on and some darn good Angels by your side! ~?~

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

It's gonna more than likely be a long drawn out process between medical and legal. I've worked in the personal injury & workers comp industry. Good job getting the attorney, just bide your time, heal up, keep going to doctor for as long as it takes and get all the physical therapy you can, try to stay away from the pills as much as humanly possible as that is usually what screws people up worse than the injury or wreck itself (very addictive). Praying for you.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I'm just glad you're alive but sorry you and bike got hurt. I hope you aren't feeling too much pain. Insurance will get you another bike so don't worry about that, worry about your health and getting better. I do hope your bike tore the hell out of her car and I hope she chit her favorite panties. I had a guy pull out in front of me doing about that same speed and I was fortunate enough to have dove over the car into a tuck & roll and cam out unscathed. Bikie ... totaled. Forks bent back into the engine, was a write off. Get well soon!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

To give you an idea what forces are involved in a 53 mph crash (85 km/h)  :o
(the cars are from the '90)

[video src=https://youtu.be/Ol9CFqNTClg]

mulligantd
wow, so happy that you survived. 53 MPH, alot of people have actually died in that scenario.  
Was the lady charged with inattentive driving? Were you wearing a camera?

Congrats on surviving I'm really happy that you are still here.

She wasn't charged to my knowledge but I am gonna pursue this to get her for anything she can't be able to do this to someone else.. When I arrived at trauma the docs were saying most people don't live through collisions at more than 30mph.. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing a camera

• Premium Member

I agree with Cruizin, press the issue on citation. It might save you a lot of money in litigation (and therefore, your lawyers may not help you on that front).

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

I have had this sort of thing happen before in parking lot fender benders. The insurance company says blame is 50/50 because nobody got a ticket. Hopefully she was charged and you just do not know as I doubt you were in a state to care about such things at the time. Fortunately you are still around to have to worry about this. Take care and get well soon.

About how fast was she going when you hit her. The video is a little misleading because those cars are hitting a stationary object that did not give. If she was going 40MPH in the same direction as you the impact would be considerably less. But I'm glad you're still alive!

bmwpowere36m3
About how fast was she going when you hit her. The video is a little misleading because those cars are hitting a stationary object that did not give. If she was going 40MPH in the same direction as you the impact would be considerably less. But I'm glad you're still alive!
I was thinking the classic head-on left-turn... but either way, when you broad-side a vehicle its almost like hitting a immobile object. 

You are alive and well( relatively). Hopefully you will make a good recovery :)

While you should be compensated properly and the lady should pay, don't let it consume you, just saying. Focus on getting well.

fooschnickens

Dude walked away from an accident that should have killed him and all you want is pics of the damage?

You're a real piece of work.

Archived