The MT-07 Forum

Wrecked my fz07

mulligantd

mulligantd

The day has come that we all dread to come. Some lady made a left hand turn from the far right lane cutting right in front of me I hit her going about 53 mph.. Couple broken bones sprained neck, broken clavicle bunch of other stuff but most importantly my bike... What determines if the bike is considered totaled from the insurance agencies?

Guest unknown

Fuck the bike! The only thing that matters right now is that you heal up! Worry about the bike later!

Let me first say I am glad you are in well enough shape to be typing this out and I wish you a speedy recovery. It will really depend on the agency, I would personally hope for a totaled bike as I don't know how comfortable I would be on something repaired. If there is frame or engine damage, I am guessing it would be a quick total.

I wish you a speedy recovery. I know for my car, it was totaled when the repairs would cost 60% or more of the current market value of the vehicle. It may fluctuate a bit from company to company though.

rotaryryan24

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you heal up soon enough. I know the feeling of being more concerned about your toy than yourself. Take care of your neck and don't sign any waivers.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Just based on the speed it will be totaled. You might be able to buy it back for pennies on the dollar though. Hope you make a full recovery. Buy it back and use the motor for a go kart.

mulligantd

Thanks I'm walking with a cane now just released from the hospital. Awaiting on news to see if I need clavicle surgery..
I am for one hoping for a total that way I can get a jeep then another bike when I feel ready.. Just pretty traumatized about this wreck since it wasn't my fault and I'm lucky to be alive

mulligantd
Just based on the speed it will be totaled. You might be able to buy it back for pennies on the dollar though. Hope you make a full recovery. Buy it back and use the motor for a go kart.
that would be so sick to do

mulligantd
Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you heal up soon enough. I know the feeling of being more concerned about your toy than yourself. Take care of your neck and don't sign any waivers.
what do you mean by not signing any waivers??

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I'm sure he's saying don't let the insurance companies strong arm you into a settlement. Get well first and then worry about the bike. Talking to an injury lawyer probably would not be a bad idea to protect yourself. Insurance companies walk all over bikers because they assume the biker is always at fault. There are lawyers offices here that just deal with motorcycle accidents. If they have something similar in your area I would contact them.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

Wow, i hope you have a quick recovery.

• Premium Member

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

• Premium Member

Here's wishing you a quick recovery and a good lawyer. Unfortunately, the insurance companies will not want to help anyone to the degree they need it, without litigation. Go hire a reputable attorney (and by the way... I'm not one). :)

Why can't left turners see us?

rotaryryan24
what do you mean by not signing any waivers??

Just what wickedtwister said. I'm not saying go sue crazy but make sure to protect your best interest.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

In my experience, bikes are very easily considered a total loss because the cost and number of replacement parts from even modest crashes quickly exceeds the value of the bike.
Frame damage, including bends, cracks, or scratches tends to be an immediate total because the cost of the replacement frame and all the resultant labor again quickly exceeds the value of the bike.

Glad the OP survived a bad wreck and also recommend he speak to an attorney.
Don't forget you may have future pain, medical bills, reduced ability to work, or other situations that you may not be able to predict yet.
Good luck to you and let us know how you progress.

thestache

Praying for you for a quick recovery and that all goes well, take it easy and relax, do not be stubborn like me and try to rush back to work. Do not worry about the bike, it is replaceable, you aren't

• Global Moderator

So sorry to hear this @mulligantd. Glad you are able to post. Don't worry about your bike. Talk to an attorney and make it their problem. Make some positive plans for cool new toys. :)
And try and hop on a bike as soon as possible. Some never do after an accident.

• Premium Member

Sorry to hear man, but glad you kept your life. Get a lawyer and follow their advice!

Everything went braap.

mulligantd

Thanks for everyone's concern I will keep everyone updated, today's a meeting with my attorney.

• Global Moderator
I'm sure he's saying don't let the insurance companies strong arm you into a settlement. Get well first and then worry about the bike. Talking to an injury lawyer probably would not be a bad idea to protect yourself. Insurance companies walk all over bikers because they assume the biker is always at fault. There are lawyers offices here that just deal with motorcycle accidents. If they have something similar in your area I would contact them.
Good to hear you're doing alright. Heal-up and get back out there. The above posters are correct, seek legal advice it will help out in the long run.

Edit:

May 9, 2015 9:41:36 GMT -7 mulligantd said: Thanks for everyone's concern I will keep everyone updated, today's a meeting with my attorney.
you beat my post by a few minutes. Good luck with the meeting

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I'm happy to see that you're talking to an attorney and glad that you're still with us.

I was T-boned and seriously injured while riding 6 years ago so I definitely empathize with what you're going through.
Unfortunately I still have after affects from that crash.

• Global Moderator
Congrats on surviving I'm really happy that you are still here.

Yes, @admin is right.  Congratulations!! This is the best day of your life. Why? Because you are !

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Like others have stated, you should get an attorney and not discuss your accident details on the Internet.  Get well soon!

• Premium Member

Yes! Get well soon!!

You can give us all the details once it's all settled. :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived