The MT-07 Forum

Gauging Interest: Selling my Custom rear LED turnsignals

wickedtwister

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

There has been a large interest in placing my LED turn signals for sale. You can see the original tread here.  Basically If i can get enough people interested in buying these I will become a Supporting Vendor and place these for sale.  In order for me to justify this I need 15 committed pre orders. The sales price will be $75 per pair shipped to anywhere USPS will deliver.  You will receive a true Plug and Play turn signal.

The instal is easy, Remove the rear side panels, remove 3 clips holding your factory fill panel in and instal this one, Route the wires to the Turn signal plug on the left side of the bike under the rear seat, disconnect and remove your old turn signal, and connect this one.  I will supply a factory style connector so no cutting of wiring will be necessary.  A LED compatible flasher relay will be needed or the turn signals will blink faster.

Once i get a commitment of 15 sets I will become a supporting vendor, ask for a $25 deposit (via Paypal) so i can cover some overhead cost, and begin production.  These will be a made to order part.  Once the parts are complete I will alert the member and they will ship within 2 business days from receiving the balance of the sales price.

I will offer Amber and Red lights in the standard all on/all off pattern.  See the Red lights below.

[video src=https://youtu.be/wqOfJ9IszqI]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

That's pretty awesome. I'm interested!!! Do you have any close up photos? The more I look at it, the more I NEED IT.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Haha. nevermind. I just saw that you posted these in another post before I joined!!!!! Can't believe I haven't seen it until now. YES. COUNT ME IN. for red.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

More photos!  Looks like 4 so far.  Spread the word.

IMG_20150506_194706_zpskmwos9ff.jpg

20150506_192512_zpsyyhchlni.jpg

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Ill be in for a pair if they can be run in conjunction with a motodynamics light.
Yes! You will be able to cut and splice these in with Motodynamics light... or pick up a splitter from Motodynamics and just plug them up.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Moderators, this post has my blessing.
Thanks Cruizin.  And thank you for your work on the Best Fz07 Fourm out there! 

I'm in! Amber for me please.

Will it be possible to just pay the full $75 up front? I'd rather do that and take the risk than have to pay twice. Hopefully that will help with your overhead as well so maybe you can start sooner. :)

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Am I missing out on the Amber? Someone tell me the difference! And I'm fine paying all at once too.

photomoto
Am I missing out on the Amber? Someone tell me the difference! And I'm fine paying all at once too.
I'm simply getting amber because it's the standard color for a turn signal so it should be easily recognizable!  :D

• Premium Member
What popped into my head was Jeff Goldblum saying "One... ahh... looks red... and the other... ahh... doesn't"   O_o

• Premium Member
applekoolaid

What color should rear turn signals be? In North America they’re allowed to be red or amber. Almost everywhere else in the world they have to be amber.

Amber is the right way to do it; traffic moves and changes quickly. Every single day, fractions of a second make the difference between a crash and a miss. Clear, unambiguous vehicle signals convey their message without requiring any decoding by other drivers – it’s a red light? It’s a brake light. It’s amber? Turn signal.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I'm in! Amber for me please.  
Will it be possible to just pay the full $75 up front? I'd rather do that and take the risk than have to pay twice. Hopefully that will help with your overhead as well so maybe you can start sooner. :)
Yeah you can pay in full up front.  Was offering the down payment while i get started as i have to order supplies and whatnot.  But if people want to pay in full that is fine with me as well.

I wonder if you could run 6 strips per side, 3 amber 3 red and then have the red as braking and amber as turn signals.

bafricawala

Can I connect it as break lights instead of turn signal. Usually ride with my wife as a pillon. So worried it won't be visible if she is sitting behind. Would like to keep the original break light and add these as for additional look

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Can I connect it as break lights instead of turn signal. Usually ride with my wife as a pillon. So worried it won't be visible if she is sitting behind. Would like to keep the original break light and add these as for additional look
Are you wanting to have them as running lights as well?  Just brakes is pretty easy when you add running lights it makes it a little more difficult.  I kind of what to do a running/brake/turn signal for my bike so i will play around with it next week.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I wonder if you could run 6 strips per side, 3 amber 3 red and then have the red as braking and amber as turn signals.
I would have to get creative with the positioning of the LED's as it would get a little tight but i think it would be doable.  Im going to make another pair for myself next week i will try to include a running/brake/turn idea i have.   Because its my bike and i prefer red i wont do the two colors but i will see if its possible.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Its looking like the count is up to 8ish. Keep them coming and this will happen.

• Premium Member

I'm very interested! Wanting to see a brake light/turn signal version though. I'm also concerned about pillion riding

• Premium Member

I'm interested in a set in Amber.

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived