The MT-07 Forum

Wife covets my FZ07. I've had enough.

yamahaha

Cool! lol. Hay, do you need help updating your avatar pic? Lemme know if I can help..
Thanks for the offer. Will take you up on it once I take some pics. I'm really lazy with photos. Don't mind snapping them but hate dealing with them after-the-fact.

• Premium Member

Hahaha, awesome. I've definitely thought about getting matching bikes with my wife, but she insists to be different.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Thou shall not covet. I wish my wife envied any motorcycle and wanted to ride one. but alas she does not. You should tell her to make a profile on the forum.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Hahaha, awesome. I've definitely thought about getting matching bikes with my wife, but she insists to be different.  

different is good ;)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That's what I love about hubs riding his 09 and me riding my 07. Both are red and to the uneducated eye, they are the same. People who know bikes know they are very different. They have enough similarities and differences to make an impressive pair.

I'm glad your wife is getting one too.  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

We've had the same bikes before. Always different colors. Its handy for me when it comes to parts and servicing.

I was trying to point her to the R3 but she wanted no part of it. The R3 is fairly situp but the pegs are set back for more crouch position. You can't argue with the comfy riding position of the 07.

I had earlier thought of getting the 09 but I'm trying to downsize and the laws here are just too restrictive on speeding. 40 kms over the speed limit is automatic impound and a myriad of fines and costs. I sold a hayabusa twenty months(18 days ... 8 hours ...lol) ago for this reason.

pantheraleo
I dont want my wife to like anything about motorcycles. This is my hobby, I want it to myself!
Interesting....

My girlfriend rides. I'm not sure I could date a girl who doesn't....

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

That's what I love about hubs riding his 09 and me riding my 07. Both are red and to the uneducated eye, they are the same. People who know bikes know they are very different. They have enough similarities and differences to make an impressive pair. 
I'm glad your wife is getting one too.  8-)
 Red 07 and 09. Sweet! Yes, awesome pair of bikes for sure. You guys must have a blast on those. 

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

My gal hasn't said so, but I get the feeling she's considering trading her ducati for an fz07. She really likes mine.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
We've had the same bikes before. Always different colors. Its handy for me when it comes to parts and servicing.  
I was trying to point her to the R3 but she wanted no part of it. The R3 is fairly situp but the pegs are set back for more crouch position. You can't argue with the comfy riding position of the 07.

I had earlier thought of getting the 09 but I'm trying to downsize and the laws here are just too restrictive on speeding. 40 kms over the speed limit is automatic impound and a myriad of fines and costs. I sold a hayabusa twenty months(18 days ... 8 hours ...lol) ago for this reason.
Haha, that's the reason my wife WANTS a different bike. She wants a more aggressive position than the FZ offered.  
But I'm with you on the parts and servicing. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Haha, that's the reason my wife WANTS a different bike. She wants a more aggressive position than the FZ offered. 

One cannot deny the attraction of full on sport bikes.  Great fun when you are young and can tolerate the discomfort.  
That's what makes the 07 special - sportbike like performance and fun with comfort. This bike sure rekindled my interest in motorcycling. I'm able to spend hours in the saddle without suffering.

Archived