The MT-07 Forum

pcfc accel pump options

mrmaldo616

So im getting ready to install a power commander fc and i came across a option for accel pump configuration the options to adjust are trigger (% delta throttle) duration (revs) fuel adjustment(%) i did a little research and people seem to love this feature anyone have any experience with this. And what numbers i need to put in

• Global Moderator

@ugly posted this from Dynojet about problems he had with his power commander. It might help you.

During the process of testing the unit returned to us ,we have discovered what the problem with your unit was. There is an accelerator pump feature in the configuration settings that has been configured incorrectly and is causing the surging and bogging down. The accelerator pump feature is designed to be engaged when you make a substantial throttle change such as coming out of a corner when you have to let off the throttle and then twist it back on. This feature is activation is user defined based on their preferences of how they like their throttle response. Normally we recommend at least a 20% throttle change to activate it, but your unit was set up to activate it at only a 5% change, so any little modulation of the throttle would activate it and deliver extra fuel, so for all intents and purposes it was engaged almost all the time. When this feature adds extra fuel in the lower rpm and throttle settings that are normally controlled by the closed loop system and our provided O2 optimizer, they ;then try to remove that extra fuel to retain their fixed settings and this would cause the bike to surge and hesitate as the system is fighting itself by adding and subtracting fuel all the time, rather than having a smooth constant setting. If you want to use the accelerator pump feature it needs to be set so that it only activates upon a substantial throttle change of at least over 20%. This feature was designed more for track ridden race bikes where throttle lag coming out of corners may mean the difference between winning the race or not, but has little or no use on a street bike, and would be best turned off on bikes with closed loop systems. Race bikes eliminate the closed loop systems so this feature works well with those bikes. Street bikes with closed loop systems will always have some surging in the closed loop area if this feature is used with them. If you need any more information or have any questions please let us know.

Read more: http://fz07.org/thread/1792/dyno-tune-ruined-bike?page=4#ixzz3UnI5IaQR

Hey, let us know how it goes. I'm putting my PCV back on the bike on Tuesday. Dynojet turned the fuel pump accelerator future off on my unit when I sent it to them. I think the recommended throttle change is 20% or greater. I would like to know how yours get tuned. Post some numbers too!

For those who know more, will you get more power during hard acceleration with that feature turned on and configured correctly?

Thank you.

hellobatman

I ordered the Graves exhaust set up, which they recommended should be run with a PCV. So I got one from them and had them load their map. Waiting to get passed my break in period to do the install. Let us know how it goes...I'm curious if it's gonna be a big PITA.

So i installed the pcfc and dna filter with lid with that you can download up to ten maps and can switch between them i have a full yoshimura exhaust also but they didnt have a map for that so i loaded a stock exhaust with dna filter and stage 2 lid and i loaded a map with akrapovic exhaust with dna filter with the lid i liked the akra map the best it just seemed like it smoothed everything out and seemed to be faster too me it also allows you Adjustments to be made by using a small screwdriver to tune the low, mid and high range RPM settings in increments of 10%, over or under the base map (+/-). I just dont know enough about these things to make those adjustments i also ended up leaving the accel pump off because of what mjh937 had posted i might once it gets better weather here in michigan hook a laptop up and turn on that feature to see how it is and im gonna try these numbers as i read on a site 75%sensitivity 20%fuel increase and 15engine revolutions it said some racers chose that and street riders have went with 90%sensitivity 15%fuel increase and 20 engine revolutions but yoshimura says you dont need a fuel controller for there exhaust in the little i know i felt like it was well worth it to add it but everything was real easy to install i did it by myself in a couple hours taking my time and my little rugrats running around

So i installed the pcfc and dna filter with lid with that you can download up to ten maps and can switch between them i have a full yoshimura exhaust also but they didnt have a map for that so i loaded a stock exhaust with dna filter and stage 2 lid and i loaded a map with akrapovic exhaust with dna filter with the lid i liked the akra map the best it just seemed like it smoothed everything out and seemed to be faster too me it also allows you Adjustments to be made by using a small screwdriver to tune the low, mid and high range RPM settings in increments of 10%, over or under the base map (+/-). I just dont know enough about these things to make those adjustments i also ended up leaving the accel pump off because of what mjh937 had posted i might once it gets better weather here in michigan hook a laptop up and turn on that feature to see how it is and im gonna try these numbers as i read on a site 75%sensitivity 20%fuel increase and 15engine revolutions it said some racers chose that and street riders have went with 90%sensitivity 15%fuel increase and 20 engine revolutions but yoshimura says you dont need a fuel controller for there exhaust in the little i know i felt like it was well worth it to add it but everything was real easy to install i did it by myself in a couple hours taking my time and my little rugrats running around
I am glad to hear that your bike is running so well. 
I am still having issues with mine...

I might try to get a map for my Yoshi and stock air filter and see how that goes.

Please keep us posted as you make changes or if anything comes up.

Thank you.

Archived