The MT-07 Forum

New to FZ-07

mils86

Hi my name is Mathew Miller and i just traded my honda nc700x for the FZ-07. I must say i love it so far. Any tips would be great. I got the 2015 White FZ-07. I do have a couple question. One why does my insurance claim it to be a high performance bike? Two do they have ABS? 

• Premium Member

1. most likely because it is a naked "sportbike", and has considerably more HP and torque than your old bike,
b. Not in the U.S. -- the MT-07 in Europe does, because regulations require it.

Oh, and welcome @mils86!  I'm eagerly awaiting taking mine home this week myself.  (I went charcoal/blurple)

• Premium Member
Hi my name is Mathew Miller and i just traded my honda nc700x for the FZ-07. I must say i love it so far. Any tips would be great. I got the 2015 White FZ-07. I do have a couple question. One why does my insurance claim it to be a high performance bike? Two do they have ABS? 
First... welcome to the forum.  Also, I'd be interest in your comparison of the NC700X and the FZ-07.  They seem like they would be similar in some ways and vastly different in others. 

Why can't left turners see us?

The Yamaha FZ designation was used on full-on, top-of-the-line (at that time) sport bikes used as the base for their AMA superbikes as ridden by Eddie Lawson, such as the 1985 FZ750N (the first Yamaha street bike with the Genesis engine philosophy).

Today, the Yamaha factory decided to re-use that old designation for what ever reason.
Nobody said the insurance companies know a lot about today's motorcycles. :)

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Greetings Matt! I too have a pearl white FZ! I too am interested on your NC700x vs FZ-07 take. Tip: The FZ-07 has more HP and less weight than the NC, go easy on the throttle until you get used to it. 

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Thanks for the input. The nc700x was a good bike. The "glovebox" is the one thing I miss. I could store my helmet or phone and wallet and what ever else I wanted. It handle good and was smooth, but just to big for my taste. It got great gas miles 71 mpg. I just love the way fz-07 looks and how it feels. Little less mpg than the nc700 but not much.

• Premium Member

Tips: Sync the throttle bodies at 600 miles or whatever it is. Adjust your chain a couple times early on. Adjust the throttle cable if you think it feels sloppy. Same for clutch. Make sure the switch connected to the kickstand and clutch lever are solidly plugged up.

That's truly in essence about all the important stuff in one post.

Ride, maintain and be happy.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Just continue to cruise onto the forum and you'll get all the tips you'll think you need and then some.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome Matt!  This forum helped me with accessory selection and tips for installation to name a few.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I noticed my chain seems to be a little loose. Is this normal?
Measure your chain slack, Pretty easy to do 6-23 in the FZ-07 manual. It should be 51.0–56.0 mm (2.01–2.20 in) per the manual.

• Premium Member

@snowdriftless Manual? What is this manual you speak of, and where might I obtain one?

• Global Moderator

It is in the Owners Manual. You should have been given one with the bike.  There is also a service manual available from Yamaha, but unless you are doing all the maintenance yourself I do not think it is necessary (nice to have, but not necessary). 

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
@snowdriftless Manual? What is this manual you speak of, and where might I obtain one?
You know Manuel, the service tech at the dealership. He knows everything. LOL.

• Premium Member

Good to see you here. Moving up from a Honda CBR250R, I almost got a CB500X before deciding on the FZ-07. I like it.

Archived