The MT-07 Forum

Race Blue FZ-07 in NYC

raceblue

Hello Everyone!

I've had my graphite (Race Blu) FZ-07 since last fall, but finally decided to join this forum. Years ago I had a '05 YZF-600r and was looking for something light and fun so it was between the Honda Grom, the Honda CBR300 and the FZ-07. I went with the 07 because of my past experience with Yamaha was trouble free and I loved the simplicity of a naked bike.

After not riding for a few years, I was a little nervous at first, but after less than 5 minutes on the 07, it was as if I never stopped riding. On my first ride on the 07, I was almost ran off the road by a Mercedes coup that didn't think I was moving fast enough and that I didn't see in the rear-view mirrors, so my first upgrade will be some mirror risers or some new mirrors. Currently my bike is stock, but I see a lot of nice upgrades on this forum that might be worthwhile. 

The FZ-07 is perfect for the streets of NYC because it's so light and easy to maneuver. It's almost pure lunacy to ride in the city traffic with people who seem to have a death wish, but with the 07 it feels like dipping through traffic on a bicycle. I haven't had much time to ride before the winter of all winters came, so I look forward to dodging the spring potholes. With the new speed limit of 25 mph, what I. don't look forward to is the speed cameras and fascist motorcycle-only checkpoints. If anyone here knows of any good rides not too far outside of NYC, please let me know.

Nice to meet you all!

NVbWKUf.jpg
RaceBlue FZ-07 under the Manhattan Bridge in DUMBO, Brooklyn.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome raceblu! Nice lookin' bike! Motorcycle-only checkpoints? What are they checking for?

Illegitimi non carborundum

TwistedTorque
Welcome raceblu! Nice lookin' bike! Motorcycle-only checkpoints? What are they checking for?
Got caught in a couple the year of the incident with the Range Rover. It's annoying and probably borderline illegal but most of the cops are pretty nice and just bs with you then let you go. 

@raceblue I'll be looking for ya around the streets!

Got caught in a couple the year of the incident with the Range Rover. It's annoying and probably borderline illegal but most of the cops are pretty nice and just bs with you then let you go. 

@raceblue I'll be looking for ya around the streets!

It's a violation of the Fourth Amendment in my opinion. I'm glad your interactions with the police have been more pleasant than mine.

@gamer4life687 If I bump into you we can have a 25 mph race down Broadway.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome to the form, I wish I had mine in liquid graphite.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Welcome to the form, I wish I had mine in liquid graphite.
Thanks for the welcome @snowdriftless . The dealer was trying to charge me $500 more for the liquid graphite. He told me the blue frame was a "special edition", but eventually told me the owner ordered too many in white. I was then told I would have to wait for a graphite one, but since I was willing to wait and wouldn't pay an extra $500, they found one in the warehouse.

Howdy,  love the color btw 8-)
Thanks @scordiaboy . I was set on this color because I loved the blue wheels and frame. The tank panels can be changed to a few colors that will complement the blue. I love the dark graphite panels but might order some white ones and then some yellow ones if I can find someone who ships from the UK.

Archived