The MT-07 Forum

exhaust

fzrider7

Hi, im getting my FZ07 tomorrow and im also ordering my exhaust while i'll be there, any suggestions? My budget is 1100$ canadian rider *

USMCFieldMP

Pick which ever one you like the most. You'll very likely be happy with the sound no matter what, so pick one that you think looks best.

I went with the Akrapovic Carbon. I love it.

VmpmOuh.jpg

sRuT6m9.jpg

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krm2X8C75s]

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzOOsq8BqMM]

Note to the mods: I'm guessing we're going to start getting a ton of "which exhaust" threads. On DSMTuners with "how much boost" threads, they would just to move/combine each new thread into one main "How much boost" (Which exhaust) thread. Just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless

For $1100 you can get the Akrapovic Titanium (Or carbon Fiber) + EJK Fuel controller from Dobeck. Akrapovic exhausts are the best looking for the FZ in my opinion. On the other hand if you want to save some $$$ you could get the Yoshimura R77 + EJK for $773.

With your budget you can have any of the exhaust options. It's really a matter of what one you think looks best.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Hi, im getting my FZ07 tomorrow and im also ordering my exhaust while i'll be there, any suggestions? My budget is 1100$ canadian rider *
For $1100 you can get the Akrapovic Titanium (Or carbon Fiber) + EJK Fuel controller from Dobeck. Akrapovic exhausts are the best looking for the FZ in my opinion. On the other hand if you want to save some $$$ you could get the Yoshimura R77 + EJK for $773. 
With your budget you can have any of the exhaust options. It's really a matter of what one you think looks best.
I seemed to miss the *CAD that gives you $877.92 to work with at the current exchange rate. I think Yoshimura with ejk would be the best option. [Full disclosure: I have not installed either system on my FZ yet]

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

fooschnickens

You can't go wrong with any offering, really. The differences in sound between different models is subtle, the biggest differences are the looks, price and loudness. If it fits your budget and design aesthetic then that's all that matters.

(past Mar. 16 now, for future reference)  -   It's all relative. One might produce more h.p. but another might weigh less and power to weight ratio is what we're talking about but they're all pretty much the same in performance. Gee, but then there's the looks of it .... and the cost. I make it easy for myself and just get what I like, I pay more sometimes but you only live once and only you know what you like so don't listen to others, you'll end up unhappy. There's no right and wrong with exhausts unless it comes with a clothes pin and a playing card.

Beemer

Archived