The MT-07 Forum

New ixil super xtreme !?

rlc2009

• Global Moderator

[div style=text-align:left]No offence but man, is that ever an ugly exhaust  (puke)[/div]

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Looks like they kept the thing we dislike about the stock exhaust (the big box underneath) and added a swing out desk lamp!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Did they add cd playing capabilities to our bikes? Hahaha
I've also seen it aptly described as looking like a toilet paper roll taped to a shoebox

I actually like the look of this exhaust, I just liked the l3x more because of the price.

I really don't like the looks of the fart cans sticking off the back of the bike like most people seem to like.

• Premium Member

All in good fun for me. I actually had to convince myself I made the right choice in not getting the SX1 since I just recently ordered an l3x in black due to my lack of patience haha. The SX1 looked very different which grew on me. Quite a few hate on the l3x but I don't care because I like the way it looks and typical cans became less and less appealing to me

As for the SX1, it's not out yet as far as I know like another member said. Kind of excited to see what the actual impressions of this one are

I personally like the looks of it. Its way different from whats out there now. I like how its compacted under the bike entirely also. Im thinking if i get it, ceramic coat the header pipes black. Im not a fan of the long pipes sticking out the back halfway into the rear tire. The mid length ones are ok, but I tend to like the looks of this more.

• Global Moderator

I actually do not mind the look of it. I just wish the exhaust angled back some. I wonder how the airflow will interact with the exhaust gasses at speed.

fooschnickens

Wasn't there another big-name company that made a box like that for race bikes? I swear I've seen that design somewhere before...

• 2 weeks later...
fromthecage

@fooschnickens not sure if sarcasm, but leo vince EVO II? I did not like the looks of this exhaust at first (kinda still don't), but it's starting to grow on me and the sound on some other bikes is superb in my opinion. Verdict = thumbs up so far

fooschnickens
@fooschnickens not sure if sarcasm, but leo vince EVO II? I did not like the looks of this exhaust at first (kinda still don't), but it's starting to grow on me and the sound on some other bikes is superb in my opinion. Verdict = thumbs up so far
It's possible. I remember seeing them on a few privateer bikes years ago, but the evo looks pretty familiar.

The Leo Vince Evo has a nice look to it. I do like how it tucks up tighter to the underside of the bike. Sounds outstanding too. $599 plus shipping from Europe.

fooschnickens
The Leo Vince Evo has a nice look to it. I do like how it tucks up tighter to the underside of the bike. Sounds outstanding too. $599 plus shipping from Europe.
My only gripe with it is the rasp it has on decel, big fan of how it tucks out of the way, though. 

fromthecage

Ya know, when I brought up the Evo exhaust I didn't actually know that Leo Vince had released it for the FZ's.......

I like it, I'm not sure I'd even be looking at it being tucked away under the bike. I wonder if you can even see it on the non covered side. I'll put this on my list along with the akro shorty, arrow short, and ixil l3x.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I kinda like the minimalist look of it. I too wonder if you can see the shoe box from the left side of the bike.

Has anyone found an audio clip of it?

I really like the set ups that dont hang way off the side of the bike. In the event I ever set my bike down I'd rather not have the can get scratched up. Most exhausts go out past the rear spool slider almost defeating its purpose.

Archived