The MT-07 Forum

Ear plugs

freeman

• Premium Member

What type/brand do you wear?
I love riding without with noise but I think the ones I have block out too much.
Feedback?

• Premium Member

I use Hearos ear plugs, the blue ones. I can hear my Sena fine and you can have awesome protection if you follow the method listed on the box. I personally try not to put them that far in my ear as it works so good I've not heard emergency vehicles. They're classified as disposable ear plugs but I can get at least a month out of them depending on how many rides I go out on. They're not the cheapest ear plugs but I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and not having hearing loss later on.

k2-_877f4205-112a-4a6c-9dbe-1f790c65a2bb.v1.jpg

I use sonic defenders. Hearos tend to slip out as im putting my helmet on but they are really good.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Yep, hearos blue.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I just use generic foam disposables. A pack of 10 will last me several months.

Everything went braap.

I use db retarding ear plugs I acquired through the military. Instead of completely blocking sounds they do a good job of reducing the noise to a non damaging level (85 db I believe is when hearing loss/damage can occur) Sudden loud noises are completely blocked. I'll check the manufacturer info Monday, they weren't very expensive at all and work great for communication with others etc

• 1 month later...

Right now im using the moldex sparkplugs, but i have an apointment next week for custom fit earplugs since my right ear canal seems weirdly shaped so the plug just comes out.

• Premium Member

Am I crazy or the noise is not bad when I ride? I have not felt the need to put earplugs because the noise is THAT loud. In a scale from 1-10, 10 being a gun in an enclosed gun range, I think riding my bike noise is like a 2... I have the Icon Airmada helmet just FYI

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Any disposable foam ones. If you don't want to invest in a new bottle every few years you can get some better reusable ones.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

earbuds. i need my disco when i ride.

-HowWorkClutch

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

All I hear is wind over the " super smart car" quiet exhaust with hearing aides in...but then again I'm pushing 95+% hearing loss... :D.... come next Tuesday the " white widow" will roar with a leovince " lunch box"

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Wind noise will kill your hearing faster than exhaust noise will. I use the Hearos blue and they are far and away the best ones I've found. Super soft and they expand perfectly.

fzhooligan

foamies for life. Not sure what brand they are though. My work has a giant dispenser of them. Shooting, loud air tools, annoying neighbors, there's a use for them every day.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Guest JerzieFREQ

I haven't had the need to use ear plugs yet since I'm on the stock exhaust. But i do have V-Moda Ear Plugs for when I go clubbing. They are very good and allow for a very clear sound to come through just at lower volume. I was thinking about getting some with Ear Plug/Headphone combo sometime in the future for when I do long rides.

Link for V-Moda: http://v-moda.com/faders-vip

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
I haven't had the need to use ear plugs yet since I'm on the stock exhaust. But i do have V-Moda Ear Plugs for when I go clubbing. They are very good and allow for a very clear sound to come through just at lower volume. I was thinking about getting some with Ear Plug/Headphone combo sometime in the future for when I do long rides. 
Link for V-Moda: http://v-moda.com/faders-vip

Trust me when I tell you that you still need earplugs for riding. The low frequency of wind noise will destroy your hearing as fast as clubbing. Protect your hearing, man!

Guest JerzieFREQ
Trust me when I tell you that you still need earplugs for riding. The low frequency of wind noise will destroy your hearing as fast as clubbing. Protect your hearing, man!
Its interesting that you bring this up at this very moment.  I went for a rather high speed run yesterday and know exactly what you're talking about.  The wind does get to you after a while.  Exactly as you stated the low frequencies do some major pounding against the ear.  Thanx for the advice, luckily I realized it pretty quick also. haha

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using crap foamies since I got the bike until yesterday when I found my Etymotic ER20s from my old Toronto clubbing days. So much better!

Guest JerzieFREQ
I've been using crap foamies since I got the bike until yesterday when I found my Etymotic ER20s from my old Toronto clubbing days. So much better!
You ever been to Koolhaus aka The Guvernment?

You ever been to Koolhaus aka The Guvernment?

Hahaha oh man, the Guv... aka. The devil's mansion... And yes, of course the Kool Haus on all access nights. Trance addict.com!

I went to the Guv/Kool Haus almost every weekend from 2003 to 2008. So sad that it's now gonna be condos. The memories I have from that place. Wow.

Archived