The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 owner.

oneshotjohnny

oneshotjohnny

Hey everyone, just got my 2015 fz07 last week, so far so good at 100 miles. I have some break in and mod questions for more experienced owners than myself! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right area! In Connecticut....still a little chilly so the rides are short lol.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  I just purchased my FZ-07 last month.  When you get a chance post a picture of your new ride in this thread.  

• Global Moderator
Here is a link to a discussion about breaking in your engine. There is some good reasoning on both sides of the issue, so the best thing is to do some research and decide how you want to do it. Not very helpful, but everyone has their own opinion on this one  :)

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome oneshotjohnny! There's lots of opinions and info on this forum.

Illegitimi non carborundum

oneshotjohnny

I've read a lot in this forum, I guess as far as break in, mines behaving like some others I've read about. Kinda fussy when you try to start it after its hot....for now I keep it around 6000 or under at least until I hit 200....I'm dying to crank a wheelie on it though...

• Premium Member
I've read a lot in this forum, I guess as far as break in, mines behaving like some others I've read about. Kinda fussy when you try to start it after its hot....for now I keep it around 6000 or under at least until I hit 200....I'm dying to crank a wheelie on it though...
Welcome to the forum.  I know about all of the theories/strategies for break-in, but as far as what Yamaha recommends... The manual states:
0–1000 km (0–600 mi) Avoid prolonged operation above 5000 r/min. NOTICE: After 1000 km (600 mi) of operation, the engine oil must be changed and the oil filter car- tridge or element replaced. [ECA10303]
1000–1600 km (600–1000 mi)
Avoid prolonged operation above 6000 r/min.
The operative word there is "prolonged operation".  My interpretation of that says you can use the "motoman" method of break-in, or use your own more moderate interpretation, but don't sit at a steady RPM of greater than  the  recommended for "PROLONGED" periods of time.  JMHO! 

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived