The MT-07 Forum

Intro new here...hey

relentless

Just joined the forum to see how everyone is liking the fz07, been thinking about a new bike for commuting and it seems the fz07 may fit the bill. Currently ride a xl1200N, saves me a lot in gas as compared to my RAM 1500. In researching a new bike I saw that the fz07 claims a mpg of 58 can any on verify that ? Anyway I'll be poking around the forum to gain as much info so I can make a informed desision.

Never had a bike that could do a power wheelie, besides the old KDX200 got to love a old2skroke dirt bike.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome relentless! Here is the discussion on mpg.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. I commute a lot with my bike and I average around 57-60 mpg. Really great bike for me, rain or shine. You may decide to accessorize a bit for comfort/taste.

Everything went braap.

I've averaged right in the low 60's through the break in period. Most miles have been from commuting, mixed traffic conditions. Highway and city combined. Definitely babying it most of the time.

• Global Moderator

Hi @relentless, great to have you here. Thanks for joining.

• Premium Member

Welcome! MPG will all depend on your riding style and what type of riding you do. The 58 can be achieved if one rides calm and conservatively.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Calm and conservatively? I do not understand that phrase :).

Just joined the forum to see how everyone is liking the fz07, been thinking about a new bike for commuting and it seems the fz07 may fit the bill. Currently ride a xl1200N, saves me a lot in gas as compared to my RAM 1500. In researching a new bike I saw that the fz07 claims a mpg of 58 can any on verify that ? Anyway I'll be poking around the forum to gain as much info so I can make a informed desision.  
Never had a bike that could do a power wheelie, besides the old KDX200 got to love a old2skroke dirt bike.

I like this dude already 
Same truck as me, probably get the same 15-17mpg city as me. On my FZ07, I have never reset the MPG, and I am showing 48.4MPG, i ride some in ECO, but mostly in and around town, I am NEVER in ECO

i will say this, and think MANY will agree, there is NO better commuter bike, the lightweight, great power band, throttle response, water cooled(so less heat than a cruiser), and comfort...I ride this bike every chance I get. On my past bikes, cruisers for the most part, I only rode on the weekend. On the FZ07, it's so fun, I have been known to go grocery shopping, making multiple trips to the store throwing items in the old backpack, cuz it is just so fun to ride

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

The best place to check model mileage is Fuelly. They aggregate fillup and mileage data for multiple users that have the same model and average it out. Currently it looks like 54 mpg is the average. That being said I think you could push 60-65 mpg if you really tried to drive careful. 
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/fz-07

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

The best place to check model mileage is Fuelly. They aggregate fillup and mileage data for multiple users that have the same model and average it out. Currently it looks like 54 mpg is the average. That being said I think you could push 60-65 mpg if you really tried to drive careful. 
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/fz-07

thanks, I had checked fuelly and I got (not found) going to check again.
Im not one to baby a bike so it looks like if I get the fzo7 I will probably get about 50 mpg =) more ride time!

scordiaboy515

Howdy, I've had 2 Sportsters and a Buell Firebolt .....and I'm enjoying the 07 much more in every way. Super light with razor sharp handling, great power and torque and super comfy. Lot's of room for personalizing, making it go faster and handle better.  If you buy one you will not regret it....its a awesome little bike.

Howdy, I've had 2 Sportsters and a Buell Firebolt .....and I'm enjoying the 07 much more in every way. Super light with razor sharp handling, great power and torque and super comfy. Lot's of room for personalizing, making it go faster and handle better.  If you buy one you will not regret it....its a awesome little bike.

Would you can the suspension is on the soft side?
A guy reviewing the bike only had that as a true con for the bike. I'm fine with soft just not sloppy.

scordiaboy515
Would you can the suspension is on the soft side? A guy reviewing the bike only had that as a true con for the bike. I'm fine with soft just not sloppy.
   The defining factor of the stock suspension is how much you weigh.  The stock rear shock has a 600lb spring, for spirited riding it's good for a 180lb rider....that's it.  Front suspension is under sprung also, just depends on what kind of riding you do and what you weigh to determine suspension mods. 

I'm at 2bills so I guess I will need to drop weight or upgrade the suspention. Funny I just finished the suspention on the 1200 for the second time, longer travel and heavy duty. Finally went with function over forum the bike is a good 2and a half inches higher but handles so much better, pulled some of the rake out of the bike and scraping a lot less in the twistys.

fromthecage

Little late to the party, but my MPG guage is showing 46+ average..... I ride surface streets/highway and I'm a bit of a dick

Archived