The MT-07 Forum

Watsen Design front led turn signals

SouthernSpeed

SouthernSpeed
Awesome man! You've sold me on two new buys! The Watsens and that wind screen! I was afraid how the windscreen would look on the white to be honest, but I'm sold now. Could you link that by chance. 
I'm finally installing my tail tidy today. Then it's off to the Watsen's, motodynamic tail, and that screen!
got the screen here :    http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=2170

sounds good looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get it all put together!

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

After looking around, I think I'm going to do the Rizoma Zeros for the front, and the motodynamic tail.

Does the screen really make that much of a difference in terms of wind protection?

SouthernSpeed
After looking around, I think I'm going to do the Rizoma Zeros for the front, and the motodynamic tail. 
Does the screen really make that much of a difference in terms of wind protection?

Yea those rizoma blinkers are pretty sweet i was thinking about the action ones myself before i got these.  I think the zeros will look sweet.  As far as the rizoma screen goes it does not really provide any wind protection more for look

Finally got mine and just finished installing them. Holy cow they are bright! the front of the bike looks so much cleaner.

Finally got mine and just finished installing them. Holy cow they are bright! the front of the bike looks so much cleaner.
Can you explain how the install was. Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything.

• Premium Member

They look nice, I will keep these in mind for the my next mod

I'm not really a fan of minimal "flush mount" turn signals. I think that maximum visibility should be the first priority for any turn signal upgrade.
 You should see how bright these are.  These are top quality, the led's are amplified and they are angled so they flash forward and not to the side.  When I am riding they are so bright I can see them flashing off the road during the day. 
You mentioned it rained the night before so was the road wet when you saw the light on the road? Are they very bright/noticeable when standing about 20 yards away from them like incandescent's are. Your pics don't show how bright they are. Can you take pics of them lit up from near and further away? Would be much appreciated. I don't want to waste money.

Beemer

Can you explain how the install was. Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything.

install was simple. Remove headlight, pop out factory signals, watsens screw in with a provided plate to fit the hole, plug supplied wiring into factory plug, reinstall headlight. No cutting of any kind required. Took me 10 minutes on my kitchen table while eating lunch.

SouthernSpeed
 You should see how bright these are.  These are top quality, the led's are amplified and they are angled so they flash forward and not to the side.  When I am riding they are so bright I can see them flashing off the road during the day. 
You mentioned it rained the night before so was the road wet when you saw the light on the road? Are they very bright/noticeable when standing about 20 yards away from them like incandescent's are. Your pics don't show how bright they are. Can you take pics of them lit up from near and further away? Would be much appreciated. I don't want to waste money.
   Yea I can take some more pictures but I just have my iphone camera and a gopro 3 which is not very good at recording lights and low light conditions. I was going to make a go pro video of the bike riding around and using the taillight and front flashers, so I will post that soon as I can get someone to try and keep up with me  ;).  That should give a some what realist idea of what they are like to use. I will say that they are very bright and are not a waste of money in my opinion this is the third bike I have had these on and have been very happy with the performance each time.  I found this youtube video that shows the brightness and explains the process and company pretty well.

OOOOOK!! Those definitely look bright but I'm still concerned as to how bright they are in the sun vs. a dim garage. 

Beemer

Very cool if you like the flush type. But call me crazy, I prefer regular type turn signals on the 07, kind of looks like it's missing something without the turn signals sticking out on our bikes.
I'm the exact opposite to be honest. I think the front blinkers (stock US) really give a dopey look to the bike. I've see a lot a flush photo's and absolutely love that look. It's all subjective though and what gives our bikes their own flair. 
Additionally, I think those of us who are interested in these indicators are sold on the look, just more so interested in the functionality of these tiny indicators. While I didn't find a video of the 07, I was able to find a youtube video of the 09 (which look similar if not identical to the 07's). They sold me on these, as I was primarily worried about the intensity - not so much anymore.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXYu5DguTpw" size="medium]

Real men use old school Charlie Brown pumpkin head blinkers!  (jk) they look cool but if you've grown up with the big blinkers before there were flush mounts for a lot of bikes they don't look bad. Matter of opinion.

Beemer

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

I added these signals on my bike about a month ago. I too, was blown away by the quality. I'm not sure of anyone has pointed out that the housing (well the entire signal really) is metal. Super nice craftsmanship. Completely easy to install. Couldn't be happier with the look and performance.

• 7 months later...

I was checking out their site today and they have planned a ordering window, thought I'd share the news for those who didn't get a chance to order.

The website will be open to take orders on March 5, 2016 from 1pm to 5 pm Mountain Time

http://www.watsendesign.com/Product_Info.htm

I was checking out their site today and they have planned a ordering window, thought I'd share the news for those who didn't get a chance to order. 
The website will be open to take orders on March 5, 2016 from 1pm to 5 pm Mountain Time

http://www.watsendesign.com/Product_Info.htm
Thank you soooooo much for posting this. I've been waiting for so long.
Might pick up a pair myself, still considering it. They are very expensive, especially for signals. 

• 2 months later...

UUUGGGGGHHH!!!

I better not miss this. First it said March 5th.

Then it said May 5th.

Now it says May 7th. I have to keep changing the reminder in my phone.....

• 3 weeks later...

The time is HERE!!!!!!!!

Ordering should be open in under two hours! I've been waiting for over a year to have a chance to buy these.

Important for those on the fence: The site says you pay when they ship which is between June and December. It also says that if they send you an invoice, when they are ready to ship, and you don't want to them anymore, you don't have to pay and they order just disappears. So you can put your order in NOW on a very hard to get item and still make up your mind later. ALSO, remember, this is CND. Right now it's .77 CND for 1 USD. That's like 25%off if you are purchasing from the states.

I put an order in for the front, curious if I should do the rear aswell but almost $240 on light's is pretty steep.

Archived