The MT-07 Forum

You guys are a bad influence :)

so1102

• Premium Member

I haven't even purchased my 07 yet (waiting to sell my Boulevard and get my bonus check), and I've already identified approximately $4300 in upgrades I want to do.

SMH  O_o

• Premium Member
I haven't even purchased my 07 yet (waiting to sell my Boulevard and get my bonus check), and I've already identified approximately $4300 in upgrades I want to do. 
SMH  O_o
$4300 in upgrades? I think that, with the purchase price, will buy you a bike that doesn't need upgrades. :) Don't get me wrong though. I understand. Upgrading is part of the fun.  I think I'm about $1500 into mine now (that's including the new Akra Ti exhaust I should be receiving tomorrow).  Plus... It's a great bike that you can customize to make your own.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Yeah I realize I wouldn't get everything I want, and certainly not all at once -- just making a wish list and about choked when I added it up :)

• Global Moderator

I have about $600 in upgrades in mine so far. There are still things on the list, but that is what birthdays/Christmas is for.

• Premium Member

Hmm... you've made me realize that I haven't quite added the cost of all the mods I've done so far...  :-X

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Hmm... you've made me realize that I haven't quite added the cost of all the mods I've done so far...  :-X
If you don't add it up, it doesn't hurt nearly as much. :) 

$4300?! Is that all? :P

Hey, the way I see it you only live once. Motorcycles are my thing and people give me trouble all the time about how I buy a brand new bike and turn around and replace half the parts. But, end of the day both my cars and my four bikes don't equal what some people spend on a luxury car or sport utility.

• Premium Member

I prefer not to add it up, that way when the wife asks how much ive spent on the bike parts i dont have to lie!....i dont know lol

• Premium Member
I prefer not to add it up, that way when the wife asks how much ive spent on the bike parts i dont have to lie!....i dont know lol
Plausible deniability.  I like it!

What in the heck are you throwing on the bike for 4300 bones?!

Come on man, a parts list, cough it up! :)

• Premium Member

Admittedly a cool grand has gone into mine.. but at least I'm done, basically.

Exhaust, fuel controller, fork damper rod kit, touring bags, rad guard and wind screen. Not too bad. Might address the rear shock eventually but it's keen for now.

Everything went braap.

There is no such thing as a bike that doesn't need upgrades :). You'll find something that you can add or replace to make it yours.
Between suspension, exhaust, guards, LEDS and plate holder...no, I don't know how much I spent :) Somehow my wife does not believe me, but I'll stick to my story.

• Premium Member
What in the heck are you throwing on the bike for 4300 bones?! 
Come on man, a parts list, cough it up! :)
well let's just say suspension and exhaust + fuel controller account for the majority of the cost :)

If I had to estimate, I would say I have spent between $1,500-$2,000 in upgrades on mine. The majority of that being the Akrapovic TI. Haha

as me and the guy I worked with found out, some of these parts
must be replaced here in mn and wi
some are not legal here in these states
the factory exhaust doesn't meet the emission standards and needs replaced
or like the lic plate must not be further then 3 inches from the tail
ect ect and the list goes on
at least that's what my wife thinks
wink wink

Guest whitegas

So I tallied everything up, mods as well as new motorcycle gear (pants, gloves, jacket, helmet etc) and additional accessories such as helmet cameras, bike security, back packs I clock in at roughly 3800.00 which is half of what I paid for the motorcycle alone.

That is very disturbing and I implore everyone here NOT to add it all up. Seriously.

• Premium Member

My problem was I got organized and started making a list of all the mods I would like to do one day, including links to where I can get them and their price. Adding them up was just foolish.

I'm right there with you. Looking forward to next month and buying the bike and I already have a list o mods I want to do
130Db+ horn, hell they make this http://www.aerostich.com/ear-cannon-air-horn.html
Exhaust SX1 or Leo Vince
Windscreen and panniers
then I will worry about suspension. I would want to put a season of riding on the bike first and make that a winter project.

• Premium Member
I'm right there with you. Looking forward to next month and buying the bike and I already have a list o mods I want to do 130Db+ horn, hell they make this http://www.aerostich.com/ear-cannon-air-horn.html
Exhaust SX1 or Leo Vince
Windscreen and panniers
then I will worry about suspension. I would want to put a season of riding on the bike first and make that a winter project.
My problem is, by the time I think to press the horn button... it's already too late, because I'm concentrating on avoidance. :) 

5 years of riding in Asia, a horn is a natural extension of my body hahahaha. That and blipping my throttle while lane splitting, though that's illegal in PA :/

My problem was I got organized and started making a list of all the mods I would like to do one day, including links to where I can get them and their price. Adding them up was just foolish.
That's what I do.  I call it my grocery list.  Haha. 

as me and the guy I worked with found out, some of these parts must be replaced here in mn and wi
some are not legal here in these states
the factory exhaust doesn't meet the emission standards and needs replaced
or like the lic plate must not be further then 3 inches from the tail
ect ect and the list goes on
at least that's what my wife thinks
wink wink
Haha, smart thinking! 

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Archived