The MT-07 Forum

New member from Wyoming

purplehayes

purplehayes

Well I do not have the bike yet but am getting anxious to purchase it hopefully here in a couple weeks! Plus it is dumping snow outside so not much I could do with it besides rev it in the garage! Any input on your experiences with your bikes will be noted greatly! Thanks

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. If you know you'll be getting the bike, try to avoid waiting until the last minute. Once the weather turns and demand increases, the dealer will have better bargaining leverage.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I agree with Hobbs reply.  I just purchased my bike on Feb. 11th, so only a couple hours of riding time because of cold, snow and ice. However, I have time to put on the accessories and be ready for riding season. Good luck with your purchase!

pantheraleo

I am a fellow February buyer. It sucks that I have under 200 miles on my FZ, but the money I saved bought my Yoshi and Givi.

Do not hesitate, momentum is already shifting...

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Global Moderator

I agree with all the above posts. Prices will only go up as the riding weather gets closer and more people start thinking of buying a bike.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome purplehayes! Have you picked out a color yet?

Illegitimi non carborundum

purplehayes

You guys are right that it is smart to buy during the winter! Unfortunately I am waiting on funds to purchase the bike that come in here in about two weeks! But I should have a hefty down payment so maybe that will even the odds! As far as color I like them all! I think I would prefer black but the dealership here has a red one and it looks great too. What are you guys thoughts those of you that have seen all the colors in person?

• Premium Member

If you prefer black, red has the advantage of a black frame and fender.

The other, lamer colors, do not. :)

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

Asking which is the best color is a sure way to start a fight. For some reason there are people who do not realise that red is the best color :).

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Red is also the fastest color according to our very scientific poll and the Doppler effect. You can't go wrong with red.

Illegitimi non carborundum

pantheraleo

Red is obviously the best choice...in this rider's opinion, the only choice. It's sexy, fast, and will make tall athletic blondes leave their boyfriends just to get a chance to date you.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I like the white color and the red bikes black frame.  So I purchased a red Fz-07 and purchased the 3 white tank body panels for around $150 and will swap out the red panels for the white.  Other members have purchased the red bike and replaced the red panels for graphite. Just letting you know this color swap is an option, if you don't mind the extra cost of purchasing the body panels.

purplehayes

As a 23 yr old male, who would you guys recommend for insurance? Is the Fz-07 considered a sport or super sport bike? Where have you guys found cheaper insurance that is still worth it?

• Global Moderator

There is an insurance thread here. I am with State Farm and am paying about $280 a year. 

• Premium Member
You guys are right that it is smart to buy during the winter! Unfortunately I am waiting on funds to purchase the bike that come in here in about two weeks! But I should have a hefty down payment so maybe that will even the odds! As far as color I like them all! I think I would prefer black but the dealership here has a red one and it looks great too. What are you guys thoughts those of you that have seen all the colors in person?
I saw another member in VA is selling is FZ07 (graphite) at a great price, if you have not already read the posting you can find it here

• Global Moderator
what is your age mjh937?
49, for two more months anyway. I am sure that helped with the insurance cost. 

Archived