The MT-07 Forum

Hypermotard 821

w1ngzer0

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got an email from the dealership. They want my bike for trade in. What do I do?!
I wouldn't trade it in cause the fz07 is so popular right now. everyone wants one! I mean if they wanna give you $6500 for your trade in then I would do that but that's not going to happen lol

Guest daufcguy
He is actually giving me $6200.
$6,200 sounds like a solid offer from a dealer, just be careful about them jacking up prices on the back end to make up for what they gave you on trade in

Actually, I know the owner and he is giving it to me at invoice. I am an insurance agent/broker as my daily job and will do marketing for him in return. Plus that dealership is awesome.

w1ngzer0: My situation is similar as yours. I enjoy my FZ-07. But, i missed my WR250X at time. The Hypermotard is a very nice bike. With tires like Avon Distanzia, it would be a real treat on unpaved roads. The downside? Supermoto are a pain on highways. That's why i would keep my 07. But, i would look for tire similar as the Distanzia when the stock tires will be near their end of lifetime.

Sure, you would get a better price if you sell the bike. But the price that your dealer give you seems good. But the price stand for your bike in stock form, or not?

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

With all the goodies actually. I told him that I would put it to stock for him, but he said he likes it the way it is. I really don't want to part it out, that's why it will go on Craigslist first. $6000 firm and that's it actually.

That's true about being a pain on the highway. I did some research and the Hyper has three variations: standard, touring (the one with bags, taller windscreen & comfy seat) and the track version (SP). So, if I want to cruise the highway for long periods of time, there is that option for add-ons.

• Premium Member

Just got done reading through this whole thread and yeah, that's a tough call. I think if you're getting a reasonable deal on the FZ, and a great deal on the Hypemotard, I'd do it. You already have a great relationship with these guys it seems, and I think down the road it'll be easier to get a new FZ-07 for a good deal vs the Hypermotard. So if you have the chance to get the Hypermotard for a song, than I'd do it :)

- Paulie

This is definitely a great looking bike. Enjoy your ride.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Saw one at the IMS show in New York City in December.
Looks like fun.

Please come back here and tell us your thoughts on your new bike after you get a feel for it.

Absolutely! Had my first ride and it was a blast. Tried the 3 power modes. Gotta love the traction control and abs. Also, it feels lighter and more balanced than the FZ. I feel at home. Tall, but manageable. This will be my bike for a very long time.

fooschnickens
Absolutely! Had my first ride and it was a blast. Tried the 3 power modes. Gotta love the traction control and abs. Also, it feels lighter and more balanced than the FZ. I feel at home. Tall, but manageable. This will be my bike for a very long time.
Not surprising since they didn't skimp on the suspension components. I would have happily paid more for an FZ if it meant getting more adjustment, well, ANY adjustment. 

Archived