The MT-07 Forum

Need some advice

renegade

A few weeks ago I installed a fender eliminator with LED blinkers. After installing and connecting the wires my blinkers do not work. My running lights are fine break and headlight still work just not my blinkers. I have replaced the flasher relay tried hooking up the original lights but still nothing. Anyone have an idea what I messed up? Just purchased an integrated taillight from Motodynamic.Com before I install it I need to find out what I blew and need to replace. Of course I will take it to a mechanic to install cause anything dealing with electric wires is not my fortay. Can anyone help me solve my problem?

• Premium Member

Check your fuses and check you wired them together correctly. There really isn't too much more that can be wrong.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

Do you have the polarity correct on the signals? I am pretty sure that matters with LED's.

• Premium Member
Do you have the polarity correct on the signals? I am pretty sure that matters with LED's.

It indeed does matter.

Everything went braap.

I cut and stripped the wires that were connected to the right blinkers and connected the LED blinkers right away. Did the same thing with the left blinkers. Used proper connectors when connecting wires also.

• Premium Member
Yeah i checked the fuses they are still good. About the polarity I have no clue on how to check.

Do you have a miltimeter? You can check with that, but if you reversed the polarity alls you gotta do is flip your (+) & (-) leads.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

I checked mine before I installed them by touching the ends of the wires to my bikes battery. That will not only tell you if the lights work but also verify which wire is positive and wich is negative. I did not want to solder up lights that did not work. (All mine worked great.)

I checked mine before I installed them by touching the ends of the wires to my bikes battery. That will not only tell you if the lights work but also verify which wire is positive and wich is negative. I did not want to solder up lights that did not work. (All mine worked great.)

I'll try this out tomorrow after work.

I hooked up the LED lights to the battery they work. So now I'm back to square one. I ended up installing my integrated tailight anyways thinking, actually praying that it would fix the problem and of course it did not. Now I just have a nice looking brake light until I can get it to the mechanic.

• Global Moderator

I still think you may have hooked them up with the wrong polarity. If you did two then there is only a 25% chance that you got it wrong, but that is still possible. I hate to ask how your soldering skills are, but if you had some cold solders that could also have been a problem. I would not give up and get a mechanic to do it yet. Good luck and keep us updated.

took my bike to a mechanic and found out it was a blown fuse. Feel so iritated for 2 months I been with out blinkers thinking I jacked something up with the wiring. Blinkers are now fixed. Thank you guys for the support.

• Premium Member

Glad I said in my last comment it was probably a fuse  :P

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

I went over all the fuses and checked them in a rush I miss it.it was the Park fuse that blew.

Archived