The MT-07 Forum

Golf bag on FZ-07?

rmdet

• Premium Member

Watching the Honda Classic on TV while reading over the recent topics posted today got me wondering if there is a reasonably safe way to transport a golf bag on the FZ-07. This ridiculously cold weather has to end sometime in the next few weeks, and then springtime will be right around the corner! Getting in some riding time while going to & from the golf course on weekends would be GREAT.

I found 2 different carrier systems online (both looked to be a mounted hardware solution) but I am thinking more along the lines of just laying it across the passenger seat and securing it to the integrated underseat straps - Lots of rope and some fancy knot tying.  :)

Just wondering if anybody on here has already tried it, had any suggestions/ideas, or if there has been any info regarding the seat strap load considerations. Overall, I am assuming this is probably a bad idea all the way around, but I would be willing to give it a shot if I it could be done safely.... oh, and I dont recall seeing anything regarding cargo laws but I assume there has to be some kind of regulation with that - will have to read back through the Secretary of State documents to see what I can find.  

• Premium Member

I haven't tried it on my FZ yet, but on my CBR250R, I used to strap seven clubs regularly along the side of the passenger seat and rear rack with wide velcro strips.

• Premium Member
Cool design! I was digging for some more info on them and it looks like those just got noted by Cycleworld 3 days ago too (or maybe it was an ad, since there was no actual story)... that may be plan B for me and/or next year since I will likely be focusing most spending this year on gear/mods.  
Cruizin - awesome video! I laughed out loud when he first started spraying the sand out of the bunker.

Archived