The MT-07 Forum

The Official Carolina Chapter!

fzpolice

Hey NC riders.  I'll be spending two weeks in Western North Carolina on a project in mid October.  Flying in from British Columbia, Canada, so no bike with me, but will have a rental car.  When my schedule permits, hoping for a chance to do some riding as I've heard there may be some good riding in the area (hehe!).  Looking for some thoughts on renting a bike (good places etc.) and suggested rides.  I'm still a new rider, so tend to go pretty easy in new territory, so I might want to avoid the really popular ones, unless its more quiet in the autumn.  I'll be in Asheville for a week and then over in Cherokee County for a week.  Not expecting to be able to get an FZ-07 but a naked sport bike or sport touring would be my speed for sure.

Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
firehawk2069

Owned for about a year now, new to forum. If any meet ups are happening please let me know. Live in statesville, nc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I know this post is pretty old, damn near ancient, but i'm in SC if anyone wants to meet up and ride
Where are you located? Maybe the op can add you to the location list. Im in Greenville.
hey, it's been a while since i've logged in but maybe if you're still interested, i'm in sumter 

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Fort Mill SC here... basically Charlotte NC. New to the forum/FZ-07 and fairly new to street bikes as well. Been riding dirt since I was a little kid though. If anyone is in the area would love to meet up sometime

carolinakid570

Hey y'all go ahead and chalk me up in this list, I'm in mooresville NC just picked up my silver and blue fix this weekend at interstate cycle!

Carolinakid - that's where I got mine! They had a deal several months back on all black '16s so I made the trip from Fort Mill to snag one. Pretty good experience overall. Gotta go in for first service in a couple weeks I think!

Weather permitting I think I am heading up to Blountville TN from Charlotte (about a 3+ hour haul 1 way) for the ATV MX @ Muddy Creek on June 3 if anyone is interested. I think it would be a nice ride across the mountains near Linville, etc. The AMA Pro Motocross is later in June if its a nice ride I'd be interested in that too.

Let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
carolinakid570
Weather permitting I think I am heading up to Blountville TN from Charlotte (about a 3+ hour haul 1 way) for the ATV MX @ Muddy Creek on June 3 if anyone is interested. I think it would be a nice ride across the mountains near Linville, etc. The AMA Pro Motocross is later in June if its a nice ride I'd be interested in that too. 
Let me know!

@el937 that's awesome man I have my first service tomorrow! Great group of guys up there! Me and a few buddies have played with the idea of ridding up to watch the muddy creek race, they don't have bikes yet but are in the process of going threw the msf course that would be a fun ride keep me updated!

I'm in Raleigh, NC...haven't seen another FZ07 around here. 

I'm just around the corner in the Cary/Morrisville area.  I'm riding a red FZ07.  You'll probably hear me before you see me though.  I have a short yoshimura installed  :o

13653347_10206790288056665_7656778548506626352_o.jpg

I guess you can add me if you want but I'm from Maggie Valley, NC. Only thing is that I'm in the Air Force currently so I'm not in the Carolinas right now and won't be back in the Carolinas for another year and a half or so. If you don't want to add me because I'm not in the area right now that's fine, I won't be mad at you for not wanting to add me.

• 2 weeks later...
carolinakid570
I guess you can add me if you want but I'm from Maggie Valley, NC. Only thing is that I'm in the Air Force currently so I'm not in the Carolinas right now and won't be back in the Carolinas for another year and a half or so. If you don't want to add me because I'm not in the area right now that's fine, I won't be mad at you for not wanting to add me.

Stay in the AF and do 20 man! I got hurt in the marines and got involuntary discharged, you'll miss it when you get out and shoot where else can you retire after 20 years!

• 2 weeks later...
therealcujo
I'm in Raleigh, NC...haven't seen another FZ07 around here. 

I'm just around the corner in the Cary/Morrisville area.  I'm riding a red FZ07.  You'll probably hear me before you see me though.  I have a short yoshimura installed  :o

I am originally from Cary, NC.  I will be up there in a couple weeks.  I am on an armor gray/hi viz FZ.  I'll keep an eye out while I am there.

13653347_10206790288056665_7656778548506626352_o.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
howworkclutch
Raleigh, NC here.  Would be cool to ride with some fellow FZ owners.
If the weather isn't crap: Switchback Creek in Shady Valley, TN this weekend [6-30-17 thu 7-2-17].

Camping is like $15/night. Its not an "event" just myself and a few friends from around the south-east. Riding up there is amazing. We go a few times a year. We spend our days riding the mountains and nights enjoying cold beer and good times around a campfire.

-HowWorkClutch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Raleigh, NC here.  Would be cool to ride with some fellow FZ owners.

Wake Forest here, I'm down for that!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...