The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I'm going to do that too (remove that silly label). Hair dryer on low heat should do it or some vegetable oil on a rag. I cleaned up the wood shed where I keep my ride. Installed an gable vent in it, a motion sensor LED light for when I park and lock it at night.

• Like 1

changed her oil 525 miles she was a little metallic pretty sure Yamaha could not have put filter and drain plug any tighter

changed her oil 525 miles she was a little metallic pretty sure Yamaha could not have put filter and drain plug any tighter
I thought so too! Friggin drain plug was too tight in my opinion.  I installed a new crush washer too .. no point in skimping on a cheap item. 

• Premium Member

Gave her a detail and took her for a ride.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

Installed frame sliders (less than a five minute job), went for my first and second rides :) and took off the warning label (more than a five minute job) :(

Did an HID projector install, put on front turn signals, and some Zeta/Cycra handguards with blinkers. 

IMG_20140803_145004.jpg

IMG_20140803_145123.jpg

• Like 9

Did my first oil change (super tight oil filter) tightened my chain. Installed yoshimura tidy tail with strip led blinkers. Gave her a good wash and went riding for about 2 hours. Great day for me and my bike!

• Global Moderator

Do you have a picture of the Yoshi tidy tail and the blinkers? I'd like to see that !

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Ha! I filled it up with gas and went to reset the trip meters and accidentally messed up the clock, reset my average fuel consumption AND set it to kilometers! I thought I had broken my odometer too! Everything is back to normal now.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I installed my radiator guard CRG adjustable shorter levers
and
Yamaha Cowl
PIcs to come later
Pics as Promised 
Yamaha Cowl [This winter I am having it painted to match the Graphitte on the rest of the bike. 
photo%205.jpg

Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
photo%201.jpg

CRG Shorty Clutch Lever
photo%202_1.jpg

CRG Shorty Brake Lever
photo%203.jpg
  • Like 5

I just ordered the Yamaha Aluminum Radiator Side Covers. That should finish off the look well.

So it's tail tidy time and then be patient and wait to see all the options for exhausts.

Took off that stupid warning sticker .. combination of hair dryer, goo gone, warm water. Then Meguiars wax over and over until got all the goo off. Pain in the butt .. glad its gone.

• Like 1

Picked up my 07 today and broke it in during my 120 mile ride home. Did the motoman break in. Still smiling from my ride.

a4yhajes.jpg

epedugeh.jpg

• Like 3

• Global Moderator

I tightened my chain (it had about a half inch too much slack after 200 miles) and replaced the "curb feelers" with bolts I bought at the hardware store. 
dea4c15758a87d768089f729b7ffa76c_zpsb93e07ed.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I removed the pillion footpegs and hubs fabricated a bracket for the master cylinder for me. Also raised the shifter a bit but after a short ride put it back in the factory position.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Tail of light v3

New black on plastics

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

I just ordered the Yamaha Aluminum Radiator Side Covers. That should finish off the look well. 
So it's tail tidy time and then be patient and wait to see all the options for exhausts.
The Evotech rad guard is incoming. Careful with the Yamaha rad side covers, they might not fit with the Evotech rad guard installed.  The Euro forum has some notes on that.