The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Killafornia

That is two one-banana projects now. This and the LED aux light. Now if my bike would only get here already!!
You can put the upgrades on my bike for the mean time while waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Global Moderator

It would be of more use than having a set of frame sliders sitting on my table :).

I am waiting to get the lightbulb until I have the bike so I get the right one.

Today I rode the 7 to work Then I checked the fuel injection fuse. Fuse was good.

RRokay Raggie

I did the oil and filter change last night. 10w50 just FYI the oil filter is the same as the fz09. The oil plug takes a 16mm I believe and I needed an oil filter wrench to get the filter off(just hand tightened). Cleaned and lubed chain and adjusted for slack, the rear axle nut takes a 27mm and the tension adjusting nut is a 12mm(some people have been able to adjust it fairly easy, it was a pita for me). Gonna take it to a shop for the throttle bodies.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

I did the oil change and used Rotella T6, K&N Filter, and magnetic drain plug. Going to tackle the chain tension this weekend. Will take to a shop for the throttle bodies as well.

dravyck let us know how much they charge for the TB sync!

• Premium Member
I think my wife is glad to be gone so she does not have to hear about the motorcycle "all the damn time". :)

I'll tell my wife she's not the only one, lol.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member

I swapped the wife for the bike! Not far off the truth! LOL

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Just ordered the Evotech radiator guard and the OES sliders!!!!!

Now to watch the mail each day!

• Global Moderator

This hobby is getting quite expensive eh?
I just ordered red mesh inserts front and back. I thought I'd give it a chance. Not a lot of pictures out there on how it looks on a white bike but I think it will match the SUPER EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL red rear spring we whiteys have.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Yes the radiator guard got pricey but I think it is half protection and half masking that ugly aluminium colour and making it snazzy black. And as this is my next 20 years bike frame sliders good investment. Next is to see if I can get my old stand to work on the bike this weekend or if I have to buy a new one. Tired of oiling my chain on the street and walking it along! LOL

• Premium Member

Awesome thanks for the pictures look good can't wait to get now!!!

Killafornia

Installed my Kriega US-10! 
dSI3R5W.jpg

What kind of frame sliders do you have?

• Like 1

Guest montana07

R&G Racing. I like them a lot, quite a bit more expensive than the OES ones that have been posted here. But they seem to be really good quality, well designed, and from an aesthetic standpoint they "blend" in to the bike quite well.

• Like 1

I asked OES to become a supporting member and they declined, even though we sent them a bunch of orders from the forums. then, I aksed if we could do a group order and get a discount. They haven't replied.

So, order whatever sliders looks good!

Killafornia

R&G Racing. I like them a lot, quite a bit more expensive than the OES ones that have been posted here. But they seem to be really good quality, well designed, and from an aesthetic standpoint they "blend" in to the bike quite well.
How much was it? Can I see a photo from the side?

Guest unknown

Today I changed my oil for the second time and lubed the chain. I checked all of the other things needed at 600 miles (except for the throttle bodies)

I need to hurry up and buy the frame sliders and tail tidy

missourifz07

Picked her up from the first service. He said nice bike, and he would almost consider owning one. Quite a compliment to the FZ coming from that guy. He also said the THROTTLE BODY was about 3% off on one side. I thought we had a thread on here already to compare first syncs but I couldn't find it.

I really enjoy looking at all the accessories you guys (and girls if there are some) add to the bike. I didn't do that on my previous bike. And i won't with the FZ-07. Why? Because the longest i kept the same bike is 4 years.

So keep the pictures rolling, please. :)

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.