The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

First service was 1000 KM for me (that's 600 miles for you yanks). Next is due at 7000 km (or 4000 miles) or 6 months. The mechanic said to keep an eye on the oil. If it get too dark, just change it sooner. I will do that myself too It's just oil and filter, the rest is checking/adjusting and lubing if necessary. They have oil kits at the dealer with everything in it (even gloves lol). They sell for something like $40.

ybyde4ej.jpg I couldn't take that awe soul rear fender anymore. Put new led turn signals too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Ya right now I have it slid in between two plastic pieces along with some double stick tape (works but not forever) see pic. I am ordering a bracket that will curve the plate and allow me to mount it on the axle. I will say after finishing the project it wasn't easy. They make it hard to get that thing off. I had to remove both side rear panels to get to the bolts and the cut a custom piece to cover the leftover hole. Looks great but need to get the plate bracket in. te9aby9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest montana07

Actually installed these on Thursday but forgot to post.  Threw a set up R&G Racing Frame Sliders on.sR8ILMj.jpgwr8uWu4.jpg

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

Looks good. I hope you don't use them any time soon   :)

• Premium Member

Ordered a Kriega US-10 Drypack today. CLICK   8-)

You will love find mine so convenient. Hate back packs when riding. Kriega very secure, fully waterproof and fantastic high end quality.

• Global Moderator

I actually ordered it because you were happy with yours and posted a picture of it. Thank you !

Did you get a chance to read you Private Message?

• Premium Member

Wrapped the pipes! Looooove the look!

[attachment id=23" thumbnail="1]

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I actually ordered it because you were happy with yours and posted a picture of it. Thank you ! 
Did you get a chance to read you Private Message?
Yes just getting caught up on emails after moving this week! Only set my computer up an hour ago been working off my phone an iPad all week!

What turn signals do you all recommend to replace thes stock front signals? I was not a fan of them bouncing around during my test ride.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I would probably go with these If I replace my turn signals. Front and back.

Took my clutch lever off to straighten it after dropping the bike.  >:D
oh no! well at least you got that out of the way. Was it a S.A.D. event ? stop and drop? 
Havent had one yet with the 7, but the day will come. Ive dropped all my other bikes!
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

RRokay Raggie

• Global Moderator

No, I parked it on the grass at the back of my house. I walked inside, the wind gust made the bike roll forward a bit and I hear a thump. I didn't even see it happen. Luckily no scratches or dents. Just te lever.

• Global Moderator

I did some serious cleaning. It needed it for sure (I brought it home in the rain) and it is nice to touch the bike everywhere  :o

I went strapless too.

I used Auto Glym Rapid detailer after washing and drying it. It takes off the water stains etc. and doesn't leave a shiny residu. And is smells nice too.

IMG_0931.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

It looks good without the strap. Was that easy to remove?

• Global Moderator

One banana baby! Take the seat off, take two nuts off (10mm) take strap off, reverse procedure and done.

• Global Moderator

That is two one-banana projects now. This and the LED aux light. Now if my bike would only get here already!!

• Like 2

That is two one-banana projects now. This and the LED aux light. Now if my bike would only get here already!!
What is the LED aux light project you're referring to?

• Global Moderator
What is the LED aux light project you're referring to?
Taking out the Auxiliary light bulb in the head light and replacing it with a LED one  ;)

Only thing I have done to mine is take of the peg feelers I am going to remove the strap from the rear seat and install my OCS sliders when they arrive

Once my wife gets her bike and this one will no longer have pass pegs just luggage anchor s