The MT-07 Forum

Hi Everyone,

Brand new here and 1st post. I did a quick search and didn't see a related discussion on this. Question is: I've seen a lot of after market drain bolts with a valve for a no mess easy oil change (not to mention never having to unscrew a bolt/change a washer again). I haven't found any where the manufacturer specifically says it'll fit an FZ-07. Has anyone ever installed one of these on your bike? If so, where did you buy it? Thanks!

Never heard of it, but nor would I trust such a setup on a critical piece of machinery.

You don't need to change oil that often, and opening a secure bolt & replacing it is not overly difficult.

• Premium Member

it would be identified by drain plug size and thread pitch... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I have seen advertized in rags and occaisional ad(Grrrr) pop up with easy drain. 

I be LIKE WTF

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 4 weeks later...
firstyammerha

I had one on one of my cars and didn't have any trouble with it. I don't recall the brand but it had a hose that screwed on to a replacement oil pan drain plug. The drain pan plug had a valve that was depressed when the hose was tightened releasing the oil from the pan. It was great when you had to change your cars oil often. It kept a lot of oil off my garage floor. I picked it up at one of the auto parts stores like AutoZone. The FZ drain plug size is on this site in another post.

We use Fumoto drain valves at work and they always seem to find a way onto my vehicles.  Very high quality drain valves that are reliable and trouble free.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I had never heard of such a thing either so I did a google search for some pics. It would seem to me that it is longer than a stock plug and therefore decreases your ground clearance, much more apt to get hit on a rock, curb, etc.

In addition aren't you just adding one more item to be cleaned up after the oil change?

firstyammerha

another good one from Beemer-keep'em coming. And like Pegasus46  pointed out and which I forgot, there is one more thing to clean and that's the drain hose. I wiped down the outside of it and let it drain onto the cloth that I wiped the drain pan out with. Wasn't very painful to do but it adds a few seconds to the whole process. The drain plug had a screw on metal cover to keep dirt out and protect the release mechanism. If I changed oil three or four times a year, I'd pop for the Fumoto  drain plug but for now stock is ok. 

Archived