The MT-07 Forum

Hello world

MTheaded

Hi everyone! I just bought my 2018 MT-07 last week, and I hope to very soon post some pictures and be active in the forums. I have learned so much from this place already and want to contribute. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Hello, MTheaded and welcome.

Your post title made me think what would be the motorcycle "Hello world", the first thing you should do on a motorcycle?

Like the first program you write is a hello world or in embedded electronics led blinking is hello world equivalent.

So what would be the Hello World of the motorcycle world, anyone have an idea?

For me, it would be the first kick start depression that fired the engine of my first bike after it's engine rebuild.

Just do it! 

11 minutes ago, robbo10 said:

For me, it would be the first kick start depression that fired the engine of my first bike after it's engine rebuild.

Woah, that's a bit too much for a beginner to rebuild an engine. Maybe a mechanics Hello world? :)

Welcome and congrats! a hello world might come by way of forgetting to put your kick-stand down (noob mistake) and the bike hitting the ground.

Beemer

4 hours ago, liqwiq said:

Woah, that's a bit too much for a beginner to rebuild an engine. Maybe a mechanics Hello world? :)

Me Dad knew what he was doing while I stood around trying to learn.... waiting to kick start it.

Just do it! 

The first thing I always do on my motorcycle is bellow out a few nuetral revs after starting the engine haha, would that count

Also thanks for all the warm welcome!

13 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Me Dad knew what he was doing while I stood around trying to learn.... waiting to kick start it.

That's a great start then. 

I don't like Beemers idea of Hello world, I don't want it to happen. shhh my baby MT no one is gonna drop you.

MTheaded sorry for stealing your welcome thread :)

5 hours ago, liqwiq said:

I don't like Beemers idea of Hello world, I don't want it to happen. shhh my baby MT no one is gonna drop you.

I don't mind haha this is a fun topic.

I'm thinking maybe a first not intended wheelie. That really woke me up what this bike was all about.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:17 AM, MTheaded said:

Hi everyone! I just bought my 2018 MT-07 last week, and I hope to very soon post some pictures and be active in the forums. I have learned so much from this place already and want to contribute. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!  What are you going to pick for your avatar pic? (goes below your username on all of your posts).  Also, have you placed your pin on the member map yet? 

15 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!  What are you going to pick for your avatar pic? (goes below your username on all of your posts).  Also, have you placed your pin on the member map yet? 

Done and done!

10 hours ago, liqwiq said:

I don't want it to happen either, it was more an unspoken heads up to check your kick-stand so that it doesn't happen. Another thing, make sure your bike is always in gear with the kick stand down. We wouldn't want it rolling forward, pushing the kickstand up and baby falling over. 😉

Beemer

At the risk of sounding like I am preaching ( OK I AM preaching). The unintended wheelstands are a function of the poor fuelling. It is why , in my opinion , the 07 is a poor choice for a beginner bike.

If at all possible get the ECU reflashed. It will smooth out the throttle response, and make the bike more controllable. It should  then only do INTENDED wheelies.

If you lived in Queensland ( Australia), wheelstanding on a public street, where a copper can see you, can get get your bike impounded under the anti Hooning laws, so I strongly dissuade beginners from buying an 07 here, unless it has been reflashed.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

9 hours ago, gregjet said:

At the risk of sounding like I am preaching ( OK I AM preaching). The unintended wheelstands are a function of the poor fuelling. It is why , in my opinion , the 07 is a poor choice for a beginner bike.

If at all possible get the ECU reflashed. It will smooth out the throttle response, and make the bike more controllable. It should  then only do INTENDED wheelies.

If you lived in Queensland ( Australia), wheelstanding on a public street, where a copper can see you, can get get your bike impounded under the anti Hooning laws, so I strongly dissuade beginners from buying an 07 here, unless it has been reflashed.

100% my fault unintended wheelies not the ECU map :) It happened between lights when I thought I was fast and it was a small wheelie :D 

22 hours ago, gregjet said:

Eh, don't worry about the preaching, it's helpful and no one hates you for it.

Sorry, I'm bored and I was the class clown.

Beemer

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

Sorry, I'm bored and I was am the class clown.

There.. fixed it for you. 😄

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

OK Beemer, that is officially a wierd film clip. I like it...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 7/11/2018 at 6:17 AM, MTheaded said:

welcome!!!

18 hours ago, DewMan said:

There.. fixed it for you. 😄

What?! You mean I still got it? 😎

Beemer

18 hours ago, gregjet said:

OK Beemer, that is officially a wierd film clip. I like it...

lol! Thanks, I know, it felt a little weird to me also but since it was you instead of Clint Eastwood I  just figured you wouldn't mind a little fantasy fame too much.

I sometimes wish I were this guy.

LOL! Not!

Beemer

Archived