The MT-07 Forum

Tracer 700 seat fit a MT07?

MT27

I wonder if the Tracers seat will fit a MT.

I like the looks.

Can someone where the Tracer is sold check in to this?

zz700t.jpg

• Global Moderator

The front looks similar to the 2018 seat.   I would be surprised if it fit though.  If there is someone here with a Tracer 700 who could take a photo of it with the seat removed it might help. 

The shape of the seat is different for the MT-07, it curves up and over the tank in the center. Can't see the under workings of it. But, will it still work?

Edit: I just got off the phone with Barney's of Brandon and they said that the Tracer doesn't even come up in their parts list. I asked for a number direct to Yamaha corp. and he said that all they have is the dealer to manufacturer # and they can't give me that. Sorry! I would check their return policy and if you can return it then do so if it doesn't fit.

Beemer

Same frame but do the mounting holes line up the same? Does everything line up? Is the contour on the bottom the same?

Beemer

If the seat pan fits the frame, making the front fit the tank is not a big deal.

The seat pan is plastic , not metal like the old days.

• 2 weeks later...

If this seat is more comfortable then the stock mt07 I would upgrade in a heart beat. Added bonus that it’s one piece and flows better 

• 4 weeks later...
longrider1951

The frame is the same, the rear sub frame is not. I work at a dealership and was trying to find Givi mounts for a customer that had bags from another bike.  Givi had them for the Tracer but not the FZ 07. I checked and the reason was the rear sub frame.

Archived