Coming from professional street biking experience and sponsored by ICON motorsports and MONSTER Energy, we needed a cage to protect our nationally invested stunt machines. Started producing our own custom project LBS Lights and cages in 2007 and have stood the test of time in endurance and protection.
Metal tank cover, removable subframe, metal rear fender, rear light setup, higher quality (and bigger) seat.
I imagine the XSR would cost more to manufacture than the base model FZ/MT. And there will be less numbers sold.
I think they look cool, but I wouldn't trade in my MT. The two models are really only different in appearance (and slight change to ride position).
Today I removed some of the touring stuff from the previous owner, and made it a little more clean. Still waiting for the exhaust and some small bits and pieces.
List of stuff I put on today:
Ebay wind screen
Snell low&wide handle bar
Some generic bar end mirrors
Some cheap blinkers from Ebay
Plasti dipped some of the silver
Really happy with the bike, sharper turns and I'm sitting at a better angle with the lower bars.
The cables don't exist.
You are absolutely right with the diodes. You can make it without them too. Its just a protection if you accidently touching 12V somewhere during soldering your external switches. If you are careful you don't need it.
I'm not sure if I understand the last question correct. Do you mean where to get this small socket pins for the original connector? (you can get it here --> https://www.digikey.at/product-detail/de/jae-electronics/M34S75C4F1/670-2268-1-ND/2044290 )
Thanks! It passed the first leak test, but I haven't yet charged it with nitrogen. Decided I would just go ahead and setup a nitrogen charging station at home, so I'm waiting on those parts to show up. In the meantime I did knock the spring back off the shock and installed it in the bike. Wanted to work the shock through the whole range of wheel travel and check for any clearance issues. All clear
Reckon maybe I shoulda just made this a thread of tidbits I'm doing to the bike here and there,instead of initially making it a shock thread. Oh well.
Turned up a pair of bushings to get rid of those ridiculously floppy things Yamaha put in for bar mounts. Did this earlier in the week, but after a few hundred miles I can say that I see no extra vibration in the bars. Control over the bike in parking lot situations is vastly improved.
Requires a little dish on the bottom side to fit properly, but I reckon you could make do with a simple washer, too.
Tonight, turned up a pair of spools. I just popped a couple holes in the swinger to bolt them on,but I figured a backing plate for the interior of the swinger wouldn't be a bad idea either. Pretty pleased with how these turned out, even if it is a very simple piece.
Few other bits being made up, but nothing finalized yet, so pics will wait til it's done. Sorting out some luggage issues and a clock relocation/windscreen setup.
Ahoy! That's where the good riding is!
I prefer 1/2" manila rope; water evacuation is second to none! But to each their own ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The rear does have an emergency PR4 thanks to the nail I caught at around 800 miles. I'm also finding the BT023 on the front ain't so bad in the wet.
Here's the video. Best heard with headphones I had to adjust the volume level down a bit it was way too loud at 100% in the editing software. Steady RPM revs were at 3000 rpm higher rev peaks at 5000 and a few good blip pops with the DB killer out.