The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Good Deeds

Allan

So I thought I would start a thread for people to share there stories of good deeds while riding their FZ-07s. I thought this would be a good idea because it promotes good deeds and you are riding your bikes while doing them. So feel free to tell your story and maybe post a pic too. So here, I'll go first.

I was riding to my college today and when I got to the motorcycle only part of the parking lot and there was a Honda Shadow there. The owner was nowhere to be found. I ride past it and notice his light is on. I park next to him, take his keys, turn them to the off position and take them out of the ignition. I then take a sheet of paper and write,

"You left your keys in the ignition in the start position, so your light was on. I took them out for you so your batter wouldn't die.
                                                                                                                      Your welcome, Yamaha FZ-07 Owner"

I then folded up the sheet of paper and put his keys in the paper that was folded and put it all under the grab strap on the passenger seat. I figured if I had left my keys in my bike and my light was on, I would be pissed if I came back and my battery was dead because of my own stupidity. I thought I would do what I would hope someone would do for me. So then I left both bikes there and went to class. 5 hours later I come back out to my bike. He is gone but now the sheet of paper is folded up under my grab strap. I take it out open it up and read it,

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
                                      -Guy who doesn't have to roll start his bike now"

That note made my day and I really felt good after after I did it. So if you have done something good like this while around town on your FZ, tell us about it here. Prove to the world us bikers are good people and not the idiots going 100 MPH down side streets they think we are. Look forward to hearing all your stories. :D 
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]

• Premium Member

Well I am the idiot doing 100mph down a side street. But I'm also the idiot who never put loud exhaust on a bike because is rather my neighbors bitch about something else.

In all honesty my best friend and I met along the interstate at 2am. He'd run out of gas. I went to find a container to fill etc. scored that and a girls number while getting gas. He and I were both drunk. It was a crazy night.

Another friend was hemming and hawing like he might not make our yearly SmokeOut trip (ten of us make that trip together). Two days before the ride he finally admits he can't come up with enough cash for new tires and he really needed new ones. I had his address so I overnighted a set. The while gang made the ride as usual and we all had fun. He paid me back a few weeks later.

My favorite act of motorcycle kindness was a few years ago. I was headed north in NC after a bike rally and stopped at a rest stop. Another guy who'd been at the rally struck up conversation and we had a nice chat. He says "it's not like the old days man. If you break down these kids ride right last you". I said "it's because we don't teach em. We leave them out to learn on thier own. It's our own fault." He agreed. So he's got a shovel head in the back of his pickup and says he's a photographer working the rally for a Japanese chopper rag. I'm like "cool". Blah blah long story short we head north and I'm hammering hard up the interstate. An hour later I see a bike sitting on the side of the interstate with a dude on it. I stop and asking if he needs anything. He says "if you happen to have blah blah for a shovel head". Of course I ain't got one but I'll sit here till one comes along. He laughs I laugh and we chat about the ride north. A few minutes later the photographer pulls up in his truck and asks if dude needs tools. Dude says yeah eventually when a blah blah blah for a shovel head comes along. We have another laugh over it and the photographer says " well the tools are behind the seat. I got pen and paper where can I get ahold of you?"
The dude says why?
Photographer answers "so I can get my blah blah blah for a shovel head back"

The photographer had the exact same bike in the back of his truck.

Six months later I'm thumbing through a chopper rag and see a pic of me hammering my sportster up the interstate. The story explained how us old guys have to teach the new guys how this bikerin thing works.

Whenever I feel like life sucks and the weather sucks and everything sucks I go back and look at that article.

-HowWorkClutch

• Global Moderator

Nice thread, Guru approves! I can't think of anything yet but I will post as soon as I do.

Nice thread, Guru approves! I can't think of anything yet but I will post as soon as I do.
I'm glad you like it! I thought it would be a good thread. I look forward to hearing your stories!  :D

In all honesty my best friend and I met along the interstate at 2am. He'd run out of gas. I went to find a container to fill etc. scored that and a girls number while getting gas. He and I were both drunk. It was a crazy night.

Very irresponsible driving/riding drunk. I had a friend killed by a drunk driver and I have absolutely no tolerance for ignorant idiots who drive drunk or buzzed.

Very irresponsible driving/riding drunk. I had a friend killed by a drunk driver and I have absolutely no tolerance for ignorant idiots who drive drunk or buzzed.
I agree, kind of irresponsible, but that's not the point of this thread. Lets try keeping it to the stories guys.  :)

About a month ago, I had just pulled off the interstate, and was stopped at a red light behind a row of about 15 cars. There was a woman standing there with her sign, I am sure we have all experienced a similar scenario. I sometimes ask myself if these people make more money than I do. If I had been in my car I likely would have not stopped due to safety concerns. While I watched car after car roll right on by. My heart sank. Being on the fz07 allowed me to safely pull over and hand her a $20. Her eyes filled with genuine gratitude and thank yous and God bless yous were exchanged, repeatedly. Then I finally got a tank full of non ethanol gas from the only gas station in a 30 mile radius from my house!! Do unto others....good deeds fz07 style.

About a month ago, I had just pulled off the interstate, and was stopped at a red light behind a row of about 15 cars. There was a woman standing there with her sign, I am sure we have all experienced a similar scenario. I sometimes ask myself if these people make more money than I do. If I had been in my car I likely would have not stopped due to safety concerns. While I watched car after car roll right on by. My heart sank. Being on the fz07 allowed me to safely pull over and hand her a $20. Her eyes filled with genuine gratitude and thank yous and God bless yous were exchanged, repeatedly. Then I finally got a tank full of non ethanol gas from the only gas station in a 30 mile radius from my house!! Do unto others....good deeds fz07 style.
That's awesome man. Keep it up!

• Premium Member

I can't think too much of anything I've done while riding, but the first thing that popped up in my mind was when another rider did something for me.

I was cruising in the carpool lane on my way home from a late night at the office. So traffic had lightened up, so I was going about 65MPH.
The lane had opened up and an SUV not checking their mirrors starts to come into my lane practically parallel to me.

I gas it (mind you, I'm on a CBR250R, it doesn't go that much faster after 65), and squeeze right through. The SUV doesn't make one notice or even understands that they almost smooshed me with the freeway center divider and continues to tail gate me.

Another rider saw the WHOLE thing and speeds up to tell the driver "WTF" and rides between me and the SUV until we hit slow traffic.
He comes up to the lane next to me and gives me the "Are you OK?" look and hand signal.

Just asking me if I was fine. That's all it took.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

This thread was a great idea. It is good to see how thoughtful people can be.

I do not have much to add, but I was riding down the road and saw something in the lane that I had to avoid. I turned around and kicked three lug nut out of the road and to the curb. I have no idea how someone loses three lug nuts, especially in the same place.

• Premium Member

I am certain I didn't kill your friend. So whatever grief you have is misplaced . I'm not guilty-by-proxy. You aren't justified. An apology would be nice but isn't expected.

-HowWorkClutch

I think motomeek has the right idea. Maybe folks should share good deeds that others have done for them - otherwise it just seems like bad karma. For me, boasting about a good deed I have done somehow negates the deed. Just throwin' two pennies out there...

• Premium Member
I think motomeek has the right idea. Maybe folks should share good deeds that others have done for them - otherwise it just seems like bad karma. For me, boasting about a good deed I have done somehow negates the deed. Just throwin' two pennies out there...

No way Jose. That's just backwards.

If you do something good for someone and you truly believe in karma: it's safe to assume that you are simply the catalyst for reward for that person. You think you made a decision to do something kind but you were actually driven to do so by karma.

Likewise, you can assume that anyone you hurt is getting their karmic repayment.

Karma is a two way street. Most people don't actually believe in karma and you can spot those people easily: they ignore bad karma completely.

As far as boasting about good deeds: I don't see any reason why a good deed should be kept secret. Western culture is on the decline because people don't talk about the good they do. Instead they judge strangers negatively using any means necessary.

This is the thread that lets us escape the negative and enjoy the positive. And if it motivates someone to find ways to show kindness: it's the best thread ever devised.

-HowWorkClutch

Apologies to all for using the word "karma" so casually. I am neither Buddhist nor Hindu and should not have used this term to make my point. I simply think sharing good deeds done by others is the best way to perpetuate "good-deed-doing" for all.

I think sharing good deeds that you have done for others or good deeds done for you while on the fz07 is a good idea. Either way it promotes people being nice and I beleive that's the point of panzer' thread as he clearly stated. If someone shares a good deed I don't think its necessarily boasting about it. I don't expect a cookie from anyone. Good promotes good. It's 84 and sunny...I'm going for a long ride!!

I think sharing good deeds that you have done for others or good deeds done for you while on the fz07 is a good idea. Either way it promotes people being nice and I beleive that's the point of panzer' thread as he clearly stated. If someone shares a good deed I don't think its necessarily boasting about it. I don't expect a cookie from anyone. Good promotes good. It's 84 and sunny...I'm going for a long ride!!
Couldn't have been it better myself! I'm jealous.. I wish I could go for a long ride.. 

I was filling up at a gas station and went in to buy some water because I work during the day and need alot of it because the 100 degree+ temps. So I come out and see this man and his dog sitting in the sun (no shade around anywhere but under the gas pumps) next to a light pole. I talked to him a bit asked if he was OK, he said he was a drifter going north, it was very hot this day and it seemed he had no water/money for it so I went into my backpack and gave him a large bottle of cold water. He seemed delighted and proceeded to thank me multiple times. Haven't seen him around town to this day just hope he's doing ok. I am by no means rich or have a lot of money but he seemed in need and honestly what's $2 for a bottle of water compared to his health,I have a job and a home he had neither.

I was filling up at a gas station and went in to buy some water because I work during the day and need alot of it because the 100 degree+ temps. So I come out and see this man and his dog sitting in the sun (no shade around anywhere but under the gas pumps) next to a light pole. I talked to him a bit asked if he was OK, he said he was a drifter going north, it was very hot this day and it seemed he had no water/money for it so I went into my backpack and gave him a large bottle of cold water. He seemed delighted and proceeded to thank me multiple times. Haven't seen him around town to this day just hope he's doing ok. I am by no means rich or have a lot of money but he seemed in need and honestly what's $2 for a bottle of water compared to his health,I have a job and a home he had neither.
And you were on your FZ-07 I assume?  ;)

And you were on your FZ-07 I assume?  ;) 
Oh definitely 8-)

• Premium Member

Stopped at a 7-11 and got talking to a homeless man. He was heading to a shelter but had missed the cut off for dinner so I took him in and bought him some burritos. We got talking about bikes and how he used to own a 78 Yamaha.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
crazycracka501

My truck's radiator died on me yesterday so I took my bike out last night to minister and feed the needy and homeless. Fortunately there are several other people where the food, jackets etc. can be carried in their cars. Little chilly at 11:00 pm riding back home last night but probably the most gratifying rides I have ever taken.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Nice to see more posts in this thread. As soon as the weather clears up I will be posting more stories soon! :)

For me it's just casual things, like riding and noticing someones gas tank open, so i roll by to close it for them, LOL half the time the drivers notice me touching their car but not closing their gas tank, and give me a dirty "WTF are you touching my car for" look, i just laugh out loud in my helmet and shrug it off, the other half wave their arms around in a thank you gesture, I have a video actually on my you tube channel of me on the freeway and i noticed a guy had his side mirror folded in on the passenger side, i proceeded to roll up next to him on the freeway, aside from the danger, fixed his side mirror for him and when i looked at him to give him a thumbs up it looked like he was dieing of laughter with a big smile on his face and a thumbs up right back to me...
Every single time i lane split and notice a dog with his head out the window i am overcome with the urge to stop and pet the dog, but i don't because i'm not trying to get bitten, i know majority of dogs are friendly, but i don't want to take the chance of getting bit trying to pet a dog with his head out the window while lane splitting LOL

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

Archived