The MT-07 Forum

Bar End Weights for Renthal Handlebars

howlinhoss

Hi all,

I know some people are interested in changing their bars and Renthal is a popular choice. I chose Renthals ultra low bars and love them. Renthal uses a smaller inner diameter so regular "universal" bar ends dont fit. I am starting a list of compatible bar ends below for people to reference in the case they switch to Renthal Bars.

- DIY a pair of old bar ends with a bolt, nut, and rubber fuel hose
- Renthal has their own bar ends which are basically useless and provide no bar end weight
- R&G about $60
- Rizomz about $70

If anyone else has any recommendations for Renthal compatible bar ends post them below.

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
wickedtwister

I used a set from cycle gear. They don't provide a lot of weight. They look good with my renthal street fighter bar.

Hi all, 
I know some people are interested in changing their bars and Renthal is a popular choice. I chose Renthals ultra low bars and love them. Renthal uses a smaller inner diameter so regular "universal" bar ends dont fit. I am starting a list of compatible bar ends below for people to reference in the case they switch to Renthal Bars.

- DIY a pair of old bar ends with a bolt, nut, and rubber fuel hose
- Renthal has their own bar ends which are basically useless and provide no bar end weight
- R&G about $60
- Rizomz about $70

If anyone else has any recommendations for Renthal compatible bar ends post them below.

I'm in the process of ordering mine now and looking for bar ends that'll work with it. I can't seem to find the R&G's, has anyone used the CNC Racing ones with the Renthal handlebar?  
http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/rizoma-switch-universal-barends-handlebar-caps-1.html

None! :) I put on the renthal ultra low and didn't put weights on. I figured the super thick wall diameter of the renthals would work just fine, and for me they did. I don't notice any extra vibration, not even on my 2 hour country rides. And I think it looks a lot cleaner without.

bmwpowere36m3
Is there any way to get the stock FZ 07 bar ends to fit on the renthal bars?

Probably not without machining the bar ends or handlebar... I'm going with Woodcraft weighted bar end sliders. Their going to be a tight fit, might have to take a few thou off them to fit.

• Premium Member

i used driven bar ends and ground them down a little bit with a dremel.you might try woodcraft bar end sliders also.i use them on my 250 race bike and are very nice.

Why do you need them. I notice no vibration at annoying levels. The Renthal ultra lows have a Ureathane core that helps dampen vibration as well as the aluminium being vibration absorbant ( aluminium is a low sonouous metal ie attenuates vibration). I add crash knobs to my bars ends when I can, for protection, but really don't think that weights are necessary on this bike. Even on Sally's KTM 690 Duke, the weights were left off when we put the Ultralows on and got way less vibration than the std bars WITH the weights on. And that bike vibrates...a lot... She then added the bars end mirrors ( they actually work better than the std vibratey ones)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Why do you need them. I notice no vibration at annoying levels. The Renthal ultra lows have a Ureathane core that helps dampen vibration as well as the aluminium being vibration absorbant ( aluminium is a low sonouous metal ie attenuates vibration). I add crash knobs to my bars ends when I can, for protection, but really don't think that weights are necessary on this bike. Even on Sally's KTM 690 Duke, the weights were left off when we put the Ultralows on and got way less vibration than the std bars WITH the weights on. And that bike vibrates...a lot... She then added the bars end mirrors ( they actually work better than the std vibratey ones)

Fully agree. I feel people wanna add stuff because its fun. I'm not hatin. :) I get in that mindset too. I have no weights and no crash protectors on my ultra low and have almost absolutley no vibration. I took off the original mirrors and use CRG lanesplitter (very end of bar) and have no problem seeing in them.

As far as crash protectors. Has anyone ever gone down and had a bar end protect the bar from bending? That's a legit question :-) my friends bike just tipped over stopped and the bar end didn't keep the bar from needing to be replaced from bending....

We put them on the race bikes with non clipons and yes they usually wiull stop the bars bending IF the bars don't hit an obstacle protruding or a hole. The plastic ones slide and stop the bars digging reducing the bending forces.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

howlinhoss

If you want to make your own weighted bar ends for the renthal bars you can use this guide.

Basically they reuse an OEM bar ends and 2x 2.5" countersunk head bolts 2x nuts to match the bolt 1x fuel line.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/3223-how-free-weighted-bar-ends-clip-ons.html#/forumsite/20702/topics/3223?page=1

• Premium Member
I used the Renthal bar ends and I noticed NO increase in vibration or decrease in comfort. 

Why can't left turners see us?

howlinhoss

I think the Renthal bars do a pretty good job damping vibrations. The renthal bar ends make for a nice decorative cap though.

• 2 weeks later...
bmwpowere36m3

I got the Woodcraft weighted bar end sliders…. turns out they're not even close to 14 mm like the tech said over at Woodcraft. I needed to have weight turned down ~2 mm for it to fit into the bars [Renthal]. I also shaved down the rubber piece that expands inside the bars.

The factory weighted bar ends are ~ 152 g (each) and the Woodcraft weighted ones are ~ 123 g (each).

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

• 2 years later...
HARRY BALZAK

I ordered a set of Woodcraft bar end sliders and the weren't even close to fitting. They fit in the track bike fine so that's where they went, now back to the drawing board for bar end sliders for the FZ07. And two give another answer to "Do they work question?" Yes, the track bike has been down several times and no damage to the bars.

Archived