The MT-07 Forum

couple cool mods

jerryv

Our Road Runner horns are pretty lame.   This is an interesting option.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-compact-air-horn?utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=7635008&PublisherName=Maksim+Yuryev

Even cooler is this one.  This was posted on our FB page.  I wonder if they blink yellow?  I don't think a red turn signal would be legal in the US.

• Global Moderator

:o :o 
When I was doing my mesh install I thought the same thing. It might be a place to mount some blinker led's. Not sure about red, cars have read flashers?

• Global Moderator

That's confusing, I see lots of domestic cars here with combined brake/turn signals that are red. The font ones are amber yellow, but the rear?

My Titan only had red turn signals in the rear integrated into the brake lights. It's very common in the US.

Can't use YouTube at work, but reading Guru's comment about his mesh and turn signals... I wonder if this is someone that did what I'm planning to do? I want to put the mesh where the rear passenger grabs are and then put some LEDs inside the mesh for turn signals.

An interesting law I read for my state (TN)... Motorcycles are not required to have turn signals in the state of TN. So I don't think anything I would do to mod my turn signals would be illegal (here at least). That's reassuring.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Jeryv - check you state, but dont see why the rear lights can not be red. Its the forward turn signals being red is the issue. In Ohio there is no law between motorcycle and auto turn signal colors.

Jeryv - check you state, but dont see why the rear lights can not be red. Its the forward turn signals being red is the issue. In Ohio there is no law between motorcycle and auto turn signal colors.
I did and my state does not require signals on a bike.    That's kind of crazy.  I would not rely on hand signals, sometimes I use both, like waiting to turn into my driveway.   I could not find anything regarding the lens or light colors.

Just watched the YouTube vid in Jerry's first post... Yep that's exactly the idea I was going for with mine, but with amber LEDs. Maybe this weekend I'll look into doing it.

Just watched the YouTube vid in Jerry's first post... Yep that's exactly the idea I was going for with mine, but with amber LEDs. Maybe this weekend I'll look into doing it.
If you can find them, let us know.

If you can find them, let us know.
Not sure if I can find what was used in that vid, but I have some ideas for making my own.  

:o :o 
When I was doing my mesh install I thought the same thing. It might be a place to mount some blinker led's. Not sure about red, cars have read flashers?

Was actually thinking the same thing when I installed my mesh lol, might do a strip as an extra red light to be noticed or I might just put them on the pegs

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Archived