The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Haha, that's my instagram.

If anyone else was interested, you can check out my instagram for other pics and even a short vid of me and FZ on the snake in mulholland to hear what it sounds like. 

The mic is in my helmet, and of course doesn't do it much justice. 
The baffle insert is placed in. 

instagram handle: meekmade

OH - And no, I have no idea when this is going to be available. And yes - I'm the only one with it.  :D

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Pretty sweet. Give some details. How did you get it? Looks pretty similar to the arrow exhaust.
I've talked about it in two other posts.  
I gave Yoshimura my bike to do the R&D for parts they'd want to make with the bike. 
The fender eliminator and full system exhaust is what I ended up with. 

And I believe that's all they plan to make for the 07 at the moment. 

I love the sound of the exhaust. With the baffle in, it gives a nice deep, throaty sound. 
I don't know how loud it truly is, because it was installed with the baffle. 

Other details I believe I've said is that the one I have is the aluminum version. And if they're going to follow what they did with the FZ09, it should come out with a carbon one as well. 

That's all I know! I would suggest getting in touch with Yoshimura if you're interested. Hopefully everyone else will do the same and they'll get this thing out soon! 

I think I remember that, a few guys have been lucky enough to provide manufacturers with their bikes to get stuff made then end up with free stuff.

I would like an exhaust that allows a more throaty sound but not louder. If you can throw up a video that would be sweet.

Haha, that's my instagram.  
If anyone else was interested, you can check out my instagram for other pics and even a short vid of me and FZ on the snake in mulholland to hear what it sounds like. 

The mic is in my helmet, and of course doesn't do it much justice. 
The baffle insert is placed in. 

instagram handle: meekmade

OH - And no, I have no idea when this is going to be available. And yes - I'm the only one with it.  :D
Link us up you lucky devil ... I wanna see it :)

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
You're lucky I'm nice. :P 

Thanks for the pics, vid link.  I noticed you have a set of knee/chin guards.  Where'd ya get em and how much?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Global Moderator

That is a good looking exhaust! I wonder how it holds up against my favourite so far, the Akrapovič.
What's up with all those members getting free stuff anyway. Why does that never happen in Canada? Oh wait..

• Premium Member
You're lucky I'm nice. :P 

Thanks for the pics, vid link.  I noticed you have a set of knee/chin guards.  Where'd ya get em and how much?
NP! 
They're Fox Titan Pro Guards. $70

Made for BMX, but they come with three straps - one that specifically goes over the thigh to keep the knee guard in place (I looked, so many don't have that extra strap!) So I feel pretty secure they'd hold well enough if I was to go down. 

I love them cus they're more convenient to me than having to switch between pants to and from destinations. Velco straps are there to customize to your liking, then can be removed by a pin clip for easy removal - You won't have to adjust your straps every time!

I got them at a moto shop locally, but you can find them online if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Finally came around to making a decent sound bite in case ya'll were interested in what it sounded like. 
Mind you, this is with the baffle insert. 

Check it out here on my instagram. 

Finally came around to making a decent sound bite in case ya'll were interested in what it sounded like.  Mind you, this is with the baffle insert. 

Check it out here on my instagram. 
Rocking that exhaust I see ... nice grumble ..  ::)

Sweet!!! Yosh has always made good stuff. If they tend to follow the trend of the past they most likely wont be the loudest pipe out there but they make good quality stuff.
PS
I love the look of that pipe on the Fz07

Sweet!!! Yosh has always made good stuff. If they tend to follow the trend of the past they most likely wont be the loudest pipe out there but they make good quality stuff. PS
I love the look of that pipe on the Fz07
Yes, she has a sound byte ... sounds great, has a classy look and made in USA I think.

• Premium Member
Is this a full system?
yup. 

• Premium Member

lol didnt notice there was a page 2. sorry, answered the question again. And yes - to confirm, it's made in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you all with some info. The yosh is such a great value. I emailed them about noise and weight. This was the info they replied with:

Stock exhaust is 18.5 lbs
Yosh SS exhaust is: 9.5 lbs
Yosh CF exhaust is: 9.0 lbs

Some great weight savings.

DB info. The following are at idle, 2k, and 5k:
Stock exhaust: 75.2, 80.7, 91.0
With silencer: 83.3, 88.7, 99.7
W/O silencer: 85.3, 89.8, 102.7

They have my business. My last bike had a yosh and it sounded so good. Excellent quality as well. I was going to order the ti akra but the yosh is muuuch less expensive and has a greater weight savings. The pre-order price on Rev is hard to pass up on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest August BB

Damn, I think I'm sold. I was originally going to get a m4 slip on, but I don't have the tools to cut, so was going to bring it somewhere to get it cut. But for another hundred dollars, I think I'll just pre-order and wait for Dec and get the Yoshimura exhaust.

Plus I like the way it looks.

Archived