The MT-07 Forum

So. Cal. FZ Owners, how about a group ride?

asaulo1

Would anybody but interested in a group ride to checkout this Cars & Coffee event held every Saturday morning? I was there a few weekends back and there were some very cool vehicles in attendance. Would be pretty cool to park a few FZ-07's in the lot and make the facebook page. I was very surprised at how many people gawked and asked questions about my little ol' bike.

Facebook link and address is below....

https://www.facebook.com/candcav

Address:
26531 Enterprise, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Which one? There are events in Malibu, Aliso Viejo, Irvine, and probably more. Irvine is probably the largest. But wouldn't mind going to any of them with a group to show off our bikes!

Which one? There are events in Malibu, Aliso Viejo, Irvine, and probably more. Irvine is probably the largest. But wouldn't mind going to any of them with a group to show off our bikes!
Irvine got shut down - this Aliso Viejo event replaced Irvine. 

Irvine got shut down - this Aliso Viejo event replaced Irvine. 
Gotcha, haven't been in a couple years. Well, regardless I'm willing to come down. Got some buddies in the OC I was meaning to visit. We could hit Palomar Mtn afterwards as well!

I can't make it to Saturday stuff anymore, or I'd go. Still planning on Palomar mtn on Sunday though.

I'll be doing Hwy 74 (Ortega Hwy) on saturday from about 7-9am, in case anyone will be riding.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• Premium Member

I'll be at Chaparral. They're having a bring any helmet in and get $100 of a new Arai helmet.

• Like 2

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I know it's short notice but a bunch of us in different bikes will be riding up to Ojai via the back roads from Santa Clarita/Valencia tomorrow. Anyone is more than welcome to ride with us. Meetup is at 9:30 by the Chevron station by Magic Mtn. Theme park on the Old Road right off the 5 fwy

• Like 1

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member
I'll be at Chaparral. They're having a bring any helmet in and get $100 of a new Arai helmet.
You won't be disappointed.  I won't ever wear anything else once I made the switch to Arai.

I know it's short notice but a bunch of us in different bikes will be riding up to Ojai via the back roads from Santa Clarita/Valencia tomorrow. Anyone is more than welcome to ride with us. Meetup is at 9:30 by the Chevron station by Magic Mtn. Theme park on the Old Road right off the 5 fwy
Just a quick report back on this group ride. We ended up with 7 bikes total. My lone FZ-07, an fz09, 2 triumph street tripe R's, aprilia rsv-4, ninja 300 and a honda cbr600rr. ab2243f95648e5b01903ec5922bf09b2.jpg
Took the 126 then the 150 into Ojai. Broke off into 2 groups since the aprilia and cbr had to get back early. Anyway, the rest of us went up the 33 for some twisties and unfortunately, one of the triumph's went down. It wasn't a really fast section and all in all, he was okay. I was at the back of the pack and it looked to me that he took a turn a little early and locked onto the dirt where he ended up. Got it all on my gopro. He almost recovered but eventually went down. He was a fairly new rider which we should've known prior to the ride since this was the 1st time we've ridden with him. Here's a slo mo of the crash

• Like 2

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I just got that same Scorpion helmet from MotorcycleSuperStore....and hated it.  Even with the "pump" system fully deflated it still hurt my head.  I even got the blue visor for it.  The thing looked great and air flow was really good but was loud as hell from wind noise, buffering was horrible at speed and the padding around the ears made my head sore.  Super disappointed in Scorpion.  I am returning the helmet and already purchased the http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37651/i/bell-vortex-flying-tiger-helmet with transitions lens.  I know the reviews are that the helmet is loud as far as wind noise but someone posted that they simply applied foam in the air vents at the top of the visor and it took care of the problem.  What do you think of the helmet asaulo1?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I just got that same Scorpion helmet from MotorcycleSuperStore....and hated it.  Even with the "pump" system fully deflated it still hurt my head.  I even got the blue visor for it.  The thing looked great and air flow was really good but was loud as hell from wind noise, buffering was horrible at speed and the padding around the ears made my head sore.  Super disappointed in Scorpion.  I am returning the helmet and already purchased the http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37651/i/bell-vortex-flying-tiger-helmet with transitions lens.  I know the reviews are that the helmet is loud as far as wind noise but someone posted that they simply applied foam in the air vents at the top of the visor and it took care of the problem.  What do you think of the helmet asaulo1?
It actually fits me quite well. It is a bit tight but after breaking it in, it's fine. It is loud though but I haven't had any success in finding a quiet helmet not unless I step up to a $500 plus helmet. I usually wear ear plugs anyway. For the $80 that I spent on it, I think it's a great helmet especially since you consider it already comes with a built in sun visor.
  • Like 1

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Global Moderator

@crazycracka501, I have the transitions visor on my Bell RS-1. You will love it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
I can't make it to Saturday stuff anymore, or I'd go. Still planning on Palomar mtn on Sunday though. 

she3pdog, I don't know if you'd happen to know this but I think I read somewhere that you've ridden Lilac Rd? Do you know if it's paved at the northern end where it meets the 76? On google maps it seems to be a dirt road but maybe it's outdated?

Trying to plan my next ride--thank you! While we're at it, if I'm trying to explore the area east of the 15 do you have any suggestions? Prefer longer rides--2-3 hours.

• Premium Member

@so1102, I'm not! I already have one... just couldn't pass up the deal to trade in a BILT helmet for another. I was trying to get rid of the helmet, so this was a great chance to do so!

@asaulo1 - that's a bummer! Did the rider and the bike get out okay?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

@so1102,  
@asaulo1 - that's a bummer! Did the rider and the bike get out okay?

Rider was okay... Scratched frame sliders, broken turn signal and bruised ego... That's the extent of the damages..

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

she3pdog, I don't know if you'd happen to know this but I think I read somewhere that you've ridden Lilac Rd? Do you know if it's paved at the northern end where it meets the 76? On google maps it seems to be a dirt road but maybe it's outdated?  
Trying to plan my next ride--thank you! While we're at it, if I'm trying to explore the area east of the 15 do you have any suggestions? Prefer longer rides--2-3 hours.
EDITED! I messed up the directions the first time. It's right now. 
If you take West Lilac to Lilac to Couser Canyon, it is paved all the way to the 76. If you take the 76 East, you'll eventually meet Palomar mtn which I believe is S6 and S7. If you want to go even further after that, I like to head to the 79 North and take it to the S2 which has about 10 miles of the best paved twisties in the area. It isn't as tight as Palomar or Couser Canyon, but the pavement looks and feels brand new.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
If you take West Lilac to Lilac to Couser Canyon, it is paved all the way to the 76. If you take the 76 East, you'll eventually meet Palomar mtn which I believe is S6 and S7. If you want to go even further after that, I like to head to the 79 North and take it to the S2 which has about 10 miles of the best paved twisties in the area. It isn't as tight as Palomar or Couser Canyon, but the pavement looks and feels brand new.

Awesome, thanks that's probably what we're going to do--but do julian first then make our way up to Palomar, then back down via Couser/Lilac. But S2--I will make note of that, it's a really long stretch of road; would mind taking it fully on another weekend.

I'm a little intimidated by Palomar though--regardless of being on a bike or in a car. Time to face my fear!

Awesome, thanks that's probably what we're going to do--but do julian first then make our way up to Palomar, then back down via Couser/Lilac. But S2--I will make note of that, it's a really long stretch of road; would mind taking it fully on another weekend.  
I'm a little intimidated by Palomar though--regardless of being on a bike or in a car. Time to face my fear!
Palomar is a great road, and the roads around Julian are pretty sweet too. You should definitely eat at the little diner on top of Palomar. The chili is the bomb. 
  • Like 1

Hey everyone! Sorry to barge in mid conversation, but I see this is a socal forum, so I thought I'd say hi. I live in Oceanside CA, in NCSD, and I'm just trying to meet riders in the area , or neighboring areas, who are willing to let someone new hop into the mix.

Hey everyone! Sorry to barge in mid conversation, but I see this is a socal forum, so I thought I'd say hi. I live in Oceanside CA, in NCSD, and I'm just trying to meet riders in the area , or neighboring areas, who are willing to let someone new hop into the mix.

I also live in oceanside and am game for a ride whenever!

Hey, are you possibly the dude that just told me about this today on the emerald offramp? Riding the same color scheme and a similar helmet?

Hey, are you possibly the dude that just told me about this today on the emerald offramp? Riding the same color scheme and a similar helmet?

No I'm the dude. Thought we already established that. ????

Won't be riding in the next couple of weeks because I'm visiting family, but I'll be down again at the end of the month.