The MT-07 Forum

Tip For Uncomfortable Seat Edge or Seat Height

Beemer

Nothing new to some but my tip is to try putting just one foot down and leaning the bike to that side a little. It takes the pressure off the back of the thigh so it doesn't dig in. I find myself suggesting this over and over when people complain about seat height or the edge digging into their thigh so I'm just putting it here instead. Hopefully people with the problem/s will find this tip. It works and you don't have to get rid of or alter your seat for the reasons mentioned. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Too bad I have the issue when I'm riding ON the bike.

@beemer, buy my some rearsets and I'll say my problem will be solved. :P

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Too bad I have the issue when I'm riding ON the bike.  
@beemer , buy my some rearsets and I'll say my problem will be solved. :P
You should start a thread about tips while riding if you think that would help. I'm sure you're not the only one with that problem. I wish I had some used rear sets that I could just give away to help you. I would if I got my money's worth out of them and didn't need them any more. GL, stay frosty!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Haha, tips?

I think the only thing I can say is advice I'd give generally. If you need to move, move. Stand up, scoot the butt around, stretch. And then take breaks and get off the bike a bit.

I think some people stay frozen when they're on the bike. Get loose and that should help out.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Haha, tips? 
I think the only thing I can say is advice I'd give generally. If you need to move, move. Stand up, scoot the butt around, stretch. And then take breaks and get off the bike a bit.

I think some people stay frozen when they're on the bike. Get loose and that should help out.

Get some frame sliders and use them as highway pegs! 

Haha, tips? 

I've looked everywhere(or so it seems), has anyone actually found a way to mount highway pegs??

Guest ChicagoAJ
I've looked everywhere(or so it seems), has anyone actually found a way to mount highway pegs??
Wouldn't be too hard to make a highway peg/bracket for this bike. But the first quick turn you took with the pegs on you'd probably destroy the peg(s) and wreck.

Wouldn't be too hard to make a highway peg/bracket for this bike. But the first quick turn you took with the pegs on you'd probably destroy the peg(s) and wreck.
Where/how would you start? Foldable pegs!  I have 50 sets of foldable pegs....  B-|

Haven't found a way I am comfortable mounting them.

Ugh, just gonna start a thread.

Apologies on the thread jacking.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Where/how would you start? Foldable pegs!  I have 50 sets of foldable pegs....  B-|  
Haven't found a way I am comfortable mounting them.

Ugh, just gonna start a thread.

Apologies on the thread jacking.
From the frame slider mount location. If you want it nicely done you'd have to get a piece of pipe with a closed end that fit in that frame tube. Drill a hole in the closed end for the engine mount bolt and have the tube extend out maybe an inch or 2 from frame. Get another piece of thick, flat metal or angle iron to mount to the tube. Either weld or with drilling/hardware. Then put a peg on the bottom of whatever you you attached to the tube/frame mount. Doesn't have to be super sturdy, you're just resting your feet there - not standing on them. However, if you make them super sturdy they might double as some kind of crash protection.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Haha, tips? 

I've put my feet up on my Woodcraft sliders...

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
I've put my feet up on my Woodcraft sliders...
I put my feet up on the frame where sliders would go if I had them, haha. 

• Premium Member

OK so all this talk about putting your feet up reminds me of this post I saw on the CBR250 forum. This guy what he called were "Highway Stirrups". He mounted what look like the handles of those workout bands... except made of orange rope and plastic tubing.

DON'T DO THIS.

I don't know what happened to the guy. I think most of the forum basically said it was a terrible idea... I MEAN YOU COULD GET TANGLED. BUT WHATEVER.

924ddf1f_ef6f_4b89_ae3e_b55a27683d4d_1_6f5449fcd.jpg

Also - Not exactly comfortable putting my legs up on the sliders.

Build butt muscles. Squats, and deadlifts, all day, every day. My glutes/hamstrings don't get phased by anything.
[video src=https://youtu.be/I5Zk2vUmjpk]  No, no, no! I don't want to get pumped up. It's much easier all day, every day, to just lean the bike over a bit. 

Beemer

Lol 2 funny. "PUMP YOU UP"

Highway pegs. Please don't, those are for metric and hog riders. It also looks like your giving birth to a motorcycle from the front.

As previously stated Rear sets will definitely help, staying loose, moving around. I personally use on and off my rear foot pegs while long highway stints. You look like your in a drag position.

• Global Moderator

I often use the rear foot pegs when I am on the freeway. That is the main reason they are still on my bike.

Archived