The MT-07 Forum

F Trip Challenge!!!

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Alright, so I follow @maxhfz on YouTube, our fellow forum member, and he recently posted a video about how far the F Trip can go and he went about 27.8 miles in F Trip. Now, before he posted that video, the furthest I've ever gone was 26.3 miles in F Trip. Last night I beat that going 29.2 miles in F Trip.

I challenge you to go the distance and see how far you can go!!! Here are the rules:

1. If you run out of gas, you fail.
2. When you post your F trip mileage, you have to also post your actual Trip Mileage, reason being is, you are even more brave if you have long mileage in both Regular Trip and F Trip.
3. It's okay to carry an emergency bottle of gas if you're afraid to walk your bike. Just know, that if you need that bottle, you've already failed to try again on another day.

Also you have to have proof for this challenge. What ever you have done in the past is moot. This is a challenge that starts today!!!

So here I'll start:

242fdaabf6c35e76e5a464bf7be3d1ac.jpg
7670b6b000eb5b487f0c175cc8b580d1.jpg

Let's have fun everyone!!!

Disclaimer: This challenge is only for the brave of heart and those willing to walk their bikes if they run out of gas... ?

Top 3 F Trippers:

1. bmwpowere36m3 -F Trip:49.0 Trip: 188.6
2. Chicagoaj -F Trip: 41.0 Trip: 178.6
3. JEFFKISTHENAME -F Trip: 39.8 Trip: 175.6

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

Awww hell nawwwww. I live in a hilly area.

• Like 4

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator

My record on F trip is a whopping ten miles. I will be interested to see what people get but I am too much of a chicken to win this challenge :)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Oh @jeffkisthename...

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Oh @jeffkisthename...
I know you're capable of becoming the Champion #1 spot Holder for years to come. Now all you have to do is provide proof ?.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
So F trip means you have to run it to empty as soon as your fuel starts blinking?
Run it as far as you can go while the F Trip fuel warning comes on without running out of gas.
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ

I've done over 70 miles but no proof, next time I'm running low looks like I'll be sweating it out again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just carry a small 20oz pop bottle of gas( soda pop for you Californians) when you do this challenge in case your luck wasn't good that day or is that against rules... I have done 20-23 miles on flashing F before...I do get about 145 miles avg before Reserve kicks in...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just carry a small 20oz pop bottle of gas( soda pop for you Californians) when you do this challenge in case your luck wasn't good that day or is that against rules... I have done 20-23 miles on flashing F before...I do get about 145 miles avg before Reserve kicks in...
As long as you're cruising 50 on f trip is nothing. Stop and go is what gets you. I always get about 155 until f trip pops up on the dash but I don't fill up until 180-190 miles on average. Still usually only put in 3.3 gallons. When I did over 70 on f-trip I was getting really nervous and that was a huge fill up - over 3.5 gallons.  
Now that I get worse mileage with the ecu flash though, I'll probably run out - haha. 
  • Like 2

Top 3 F Trippers:

1. JEFFKISTHENAME

2. Beemer   ::)

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Top 3 F Trippers: 

1. JEFFKISTHENAME

Hey at least you don't have to deal with hills killing your gas mileage lol. I've only been to Florida once. It was Pensacola. Dang that place was flat.
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Top 3 F Trippers: 

1. JEFFKISTHENAME

Hey at least you don't have to deal with hills killing your gas mileage lol. I've only been to Florida once. It was Pensacola. Dang that place was flat.
Yep, it's flat alright but it's tectonic plate paradise!  8-)

Beemer

• Premium Member

Here you go... 
[attachment id=2012" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2011" thumbnail="1]

If you can't see the photos for some reason. 
F TRIP: 36.9 - Looking at it now, I almost wish I just got it to 37 to make it a round number  O_o
TRIP: 178.5

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Sorry @motomeek...I had to try it since I had the opportunity. My bike started sputtering the moment I pulled up to the pump. The bike shut off just pulling up to Costco. I fired her back up and rode into the next pump. Whew!!!

F Trip: 39.8 Trip: 175.6

74ce1ab3b169505a66b5b5fda8fc52f1.jpg
d8f3da0189df94a7f1d7286790208593.jpg
be0c229679131774da9bd01f4ba28774.jpg

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

LOL that didn't last long...

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
@jeffkisthename - do you fill your bike up on the sidestand?
I hold my bike up straight while I fill up and top it off.

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
@jeffkisthename - do you fill your bike up on the sidestand?
I hold my bike up straight while I fill up and top it off.
Good, I was going to say if you don't do this you'll never get that last .2 of a gallon in and lose precious f-trip miles. I fill mine until it's flush with the hole where the nozzle goes in the tank, a bit usually comes out the overflow tube, but meh. Hah
  • Like 1

I've gone 42 miles on F, I was nervous as could be, praying not to run out while going 80ish mph on 95 south. No proof, but is nice to know you can take it that far.

Oh and I always fill the bike straight up, never on the side stand- gotta be able to get that last little bit in. haha

Good luck to those brave enough to take on this mighty challenge!!

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
I've gone 42 miles on F, I was nervous as could be, praying not to run out while going 80ish mph on 95 south. No proof, but is nice to know you can take it that far. 
Oh and I always fill the bike straight up, never on the side stand- gotta be able to bet that last little bit in. haha

Good luck to those brave enough to take on this mighty challenge!!
Highway is the way to do this challenge. Cruising at like 65mph in 6th seems to net me the best gas mileage. Too bad I'm almost never on the highway. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm too short to fill it straight up.... but good to know that's the reason why LOL

• Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ

@jeffkisthename - do you have the flash by 2WDW (or any fuel management for that matter)? I can't get anywhere near the f-trip mileage I used to get. Ran out of gas at 47 miles - luckily I was able to coast within 500 feet of a station then push it.