The MT-07 Forum

K&n Universal air filter (airbox mod)

ecavaignac

ecavaignac

Hello. someone in the forum uses this setup k & n filters?
I would like to know whether the gains are really significant. I'm wanting to eliminate power loss above 9000 rpm and raise peak power to near redline.
How will reduce the intake length probably have good results at high rpm.
the projector fz07 r also uses short intake tube ... basesdo these two projects will probably have good results.
Has anyone seen a similar project?
I do not like to wasting money on something that does not bring results.

Sorry for bad English.

k & n setup >> https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpR_KI7JdBO8vZXHCRFR8f4oeYFFNoFvN50l4HceAjfd1K3yeWIPmFiELEwQ
Fz07R project setup >> https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr_YWf-YmYdkeLznIGQkiQ3p-K1EKyRiJauHkAFnwFB97F0myf34U_47-D

• Global Moderator

Check out Hordpower in the supporting vendors section. They have an air box modification like that. I think you will need to get the ECU flashed to get the most out of it though.

markstertt

I installed Hords airbox kit and a PCV that he mapped specifically for this mod with the Yoshimura exhaust. Hord dyno tunes this set up for mapping of ignition and fueling in each gear and I can recommend this mod highly, more power throughout the rpm range and I'm still running on 87 oct. fuel and indicating an average 62 mpg in mixed riding on the last 2 runs of around 75 miles each. I have yet to do an actual fuel fill calculation so have no idea if the bikes fuel average is accurate but if you want a well thought out and dyno tuned airbox mod that performs then check out site vendor Hordpower.

Running 2 pod filters will give you a little bit of a gain, mostly at high rpm. K&N's of appropriate size don't fit well because the intake ports are offset in the frame, and the left filter fouls the frame. Uni foam filters will work, you can squish them a bit. However, pod filters lack a velocity stack internally which hurts flow/power. I have tested multiple types of pod filters with limited success. My airbox design incorporates velocity stacks with a length that gives good midrange and upper rpm gains, with no losses down low. And unlike running straight velocity stacks, it's nicely filtered to keep the junk out of the engine. AP Moto Arts (the racebike pictured) has switched over to using my airbox, to gain the filtering capability and keep (most of) the high rpm gains compared to unfiltered stacks.

J.D. Hord

Archived