The MT-07 Forum

GoPro RAM Mount mounting solution review

Dirk

Hi every body!

Just a little thread to talk about GoPro mounts!

I've been mounting GoPros on the bike with different solutions but never was really happy with it... So I was looking for a more secure, more user friendly mounting solution!

So I went with that Ram Mount kit for the GoPro:

RAM-B-149Z-2-GOP1UIU1.jpg

It's just the perfect solution! You can mount it on any size of pipe, really secure and the ball head style of ram mount stuff make it super easy to get the perfect framing for your shot!!!

Yet, I tested it on two spots on the FZ:

Front, on the frame

IMG_1714_zpsaqctohxn.jpg

IMG_1713_zpsti0j2qln.jpg

IMG_1719_zpsyty5refx.jpg

And aiming backward, mounted on the frame too:

IMG_1717_zpskbu5tdac.jpg

IMG_1718_zpsfv0sqksa.jpg

IMG_1720_zpsljrceskv.jpg

I bought a couple of parts more so I can leave the mountings on the bike. This way, I just have to swap the Ram Mount arm with the GoPro from spot to spot, it's perfect!

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Awesome! I was thinking to do pretty much the same but using GoPro session as second/third cameras. It won't happen in some time as budget went into the Gilles rearset but whenever I'm able to do it I'll be sharing it too! Good vid btw!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

I too use a bunch of RAM mounts for my GoPro @dirk . The Tough Claw is perfect for what you are doing without having to use tools. Nice way to quickly change view when your on the road.

Check it out here

:)

- Paulie

I too use a bunch of RAM mounts for my GoPro @dirk . The Tough Claw is perfect for what you are doing without having to use tools. Nice way to quickly change view when your on the road. 
Check it out here

- Paulie

Yeah, I have manfrotto clamps and nano clamps (that we use in video) that I used for gopro mounting... But I wanted something going around the pipe, totally closed so you don't have to ask youself if it's gonna loosen even after several days on the road!

04845c841c361c463229cc5a7ffabba3.jpg
Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• Premium Member

Good point, although I've used the Tough Claw on the track for an entire weekend and it never loosened...just sayin'

- Paulie

Archived