The MT-07 Forum

Straight pipe video

geospyder

Here are some videos of my FZ with a straight pipe. Also, the cat has been removed and I removed the intake snorkel. Let me know what you think!! 

Awesome videos man! I've been researching stuff for the bike for awhile and I want to make it really loud as well.. Found the dan moto xg-1 which is pretty much close to straight pipes just little bit of resonation in the end pipes. Sounds similar to your straight pipe and I love the sound! Is it sad that I haven't purchased the bike yet but ive bought about 600-700$ of mod and addon parts for when I grab the bike at the end of this month? Haha. If you make more videos will def check em all out!

bmwpowere36m3

As long as you're happy with unhappy neighbors ;)

Its just too much... any highway cruising and your head is going to explode. The one regret I have going to an aftermarket exhaust is stealth. Granted the stock exhaust was anemic, but you could fly under the radar. Now your giving the popo a heads up before you come around the bend...

As long as you're happy with unhappy neighbors ;) 
Its just too much... any highway cruising and your head is going to explode. The one regret I have going to an aftermarket exhaust is stealth. Granted the stock exhaust was anemic, but you could fly under the radar. Now your giving the popo a heads up before you come around the bend...

I've never really had a problem with popo around me. I've had very loud cars and bikes. Only thing that ever got me in trouble was tint.. and I don't tint my front anymore (in jersey) cus I would get pulled over 2-3 times a month. I drive a 350z catless (sshh) with invidia exhaust. Louder then most bikes. Had zx6r straight piped.. All about how you ride and drive and where I guess cus as far as sound goes never had a problem with neighbors or cops. Can't wait to slap xg1 on my fz when I get it. Will try with and without baffles though atleast.

• Premium Member

I've messed around and taken the exhaust off and heard what the thing sounds like without it... it's deafening.
+1 for ear plugs

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

As long as you like. Next project ... better camera mount.
beat me to this one!!! lol. get a better camera mount it distorts the sound.  

As long as you like. Next project ... better camera mount.
For sure!! I moved the mount next to the small plastic piece on the tank. So its close to where it was but more stable. 

Did you do anything to the computer?
I plan on getting either a Power Commander or the EJK. But as for now I haven't done anything to the computer. I have noticed that the throttle is more stable than stock at low RPM's and I do use less fuel now than stock. It still runs a bit rich and crackles when I lift off the throttle. 

Awesome videos man! I've been researching stuff for the bike for awhile and I want to make it really loud as well.. Found the dan moto xg-1 which is pretty much close to straight pipes just little bit of resonation in the end pipes. Sounds similar to your straight pipe and I love the sound! Is it sad that I haven't purchased the bike yet but ive bought about 600-700$ of mod and addon parts for when I grab the bike at the end of this month? Haha. If you make more videos will def check em all out! 

So from what I can tell from youtube vids, the Dan Moto is a tad bit more suppressed. Probably because there is more tubing that give is more back-pressure. Either way, it is still very loud and no video has been able to give it justice. The funny thing is, it only coast me $7 dollars to do the straight pipe. I have a small flux core welder that i used and an angle grinder to cut the turn down properly. I haven't even spent $150 on aftermarket parts for mine yet. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

Only way I would do this is if I welded in a cut-out to switch back and forth. You're going to hate that after about 500 miles. I've screamed past cops hiding trying to radar people and by the time I was in the "damnit" zone I noticed their heads were down looking at their phones or laptop. I definitely wouldn't have gotten away with it with an exhaust like this. I'm still debating on fabbing up an undertail system, though. But there's no good spots to route the pipe.

So from what I can tell from youtube vids, the Dan Moto is a tad bit more suppressed. Probably because there is more tubing that give is more back-pressure. Either way, it is still very loud and no video has been able to give it justice. The funny thing is, it only coast me $7 dollars to do the straight pipe. I have a small flux core welder that i used and an angle grinder to cut the turn down properly. I haven't even spent $150 on aftermarket parts for mine yet. 
So I got my bike and have my danmoto on... Wow is it loud but I love it... I looked into the tips and it is only barely resonated at the start of the exhaust end. For solo riding its I love it because I have headphones in most the time cruising with some music or w.e. I have the silencers on hand just got put 2 holes in the tip for when my girl rides or if I get tired of the loudness which I probably wont! haha 

Only way I would do this is if I welded in a cut-out to switch back and forth. You're going to hate that after about 500 miles. I've screamed past cops hiding trying to radar people and by the time I was in the "damnit" zone I noticed their heads were down looking at their phones or laptop. I definitely wouldn't have gotten away with it with an exhaust like this. I'm still debating on fabbing up an undertail system, though. But there's no good spots to route the pipe.
I mainly use my FZ as a daily commuter. I dont stunt or ride like a squid. I'm not saying you are one, just stating that I ride like an old man on a goldwing..... So its not really all that loud when your in 5th gear doing 45Mph or 50Mph, it just drones a bit more than is comfortable to deal with. I usually have ear buds in so I dont notice it much. An undertail would be DOPE!!!!!!

Archived