The MT-07 Forum

DIY Radiator guard complete

jchin3081

Another inexpensive DIY completed.

After doing the DIY vents (another thread), I already knew the radiator guard would be the next on the list. Looked up other members custom radiator guards and worked with mine accordingly.

Went to my local Home Depot and got a pre-cut enclosed(not sure if this is the correct term) 14in x 8in mesh(should have took a picture before I started), spray paint, and... well... that's it.

Used a wire cutter to cut the ends that would attach to the radiator side covers. Bent the mesh and test fitted, sanded, and then painted.

Total cost was about $12.

I doubt this will stop huge rocks, etc, but visually, I think it looks great.ec9fd700e40a857e27d45d39063d10a8.jpg02b8fbdd98ea7df9b1aebd331f758ebf.jpg313dbc47a25d3696c45c47eaab06f9cd.jpg7a0a6e6f77957cb99c240efe4f0defeb.jpg

It will stop stuff as well as the commercial products do, looks like less air obstruction than many.

• Premium Member

I want to do this, but not having much luck finding the mesh material you used. Do you still have the receipt and can post the SKU?

It looks great, BTW.

- Andy

barneyfife

Looks good. I've seen the mesh at home depot and wondered if it would work. Like the diy cause I'm cheap(broke).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys. I haven't been back to Home Depot since to get a pic of the part number I used and when I looked online, I couldn't find it. As soon As I go back, I'll get all the details.

• Premium Member

Nice man! Clean and simple.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived