The MT-07 Forum

2015 FZ-07 with Mivv Oval Carbon and EJK controller.

phyciocc

• Premium Member

This is my first post in a long while...

Last fall bought a Mivv Oval carbon and the EJK fuels controller. I was planning on installing them myself, like always, but never got around to do it.
Winter hibernation came and went so I finally had them installed by my local Yamaha dealer. Cost $240 (two hour labor plus "shop supplies", whatever that means. Yea, the $ 40 header gaskets...).

Steep, but you know what? It was worth it! Dropped the bike Wednesday, got it back Thursdays, and I had no back ache, no stress, no fuss no nothing (In case you wonder, I am on the very wrong side of 50, so wrong in fact that in four months is not going to be 50 anymore, and quite ...rotund to boot :o ) :) .

I kept the db killer in, and it sounds more like a motorcycle now. Not very loud, but a deeper rumble and I can hear the twin pulsing. Nice!
The EJK seems to be doing its job as well.

I rode my Red beastie (She no princess anymore, she's got balls now :) ) for over 100 miles in the hills of KY. My Butt-O-Meter finds no holes in fueling, the bike still pulls like a tractor in every gear (50 to 70 in 6th comes really fast!) and there is a definite gain in top end.

Very happy with my choices!

Marco

I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

• Premium Member

Sorry about the poor quality. The bike is in the garage and room is at a premium (outside is pouring rain right now...).
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:) [attachment id=1724" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1725" thumbnail="1]

bigdaddybane

The exhaust looks great. How is the low end power after EJK was installed?

• Premium Member

The bike pulls as strongly as before. Perhaps a bit more actually. I have no issues with popping and burbling in deceleration either. I had the snorkel removed but kept the original airfilter and I am still usingthe oxygen sensor. I have the db killer in.

Marco
I am a crazy Physics Prof. Beware :o:)

Archived