The MT-07 Forum

Drag bars, grips, mirrors, and rim tape!

bernard1414

• Premium Member

Looking good! Those are some of the better looking flushmounts ive seen too. Now by not going to the stoopid dealer/shop you have more money for more parts!

(Just my personal aesthetic fussing here) When I intalled my drag bars I couldnt get that throttle cable assembly to sit lower in front of the brake reservior without the throttle sticking/binding. Drove me nuts looking at that big over arch. Turns out I just needed to force it down and manipulate the cable through and down to the engine area and voila, it sat nice and low with no binding. Havent had any issues.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

bernard1414

Thanks! You bet I saved a bunch of money and time by not taking this to the shop. It was a lot more simple that I thought it was going to be.

I'll give a shot at tucking in the throttle cables, it's bugging me too!

Bike looks great man! i'm in jersey too, and should have my bike in a few weeks. will have to organize a jersey group ride....

bernard1414
Bike looks great man! i'm in jersey too, and should have my bike in a few weeks. will have to organize a jersey group ride....
Thanks man! Where in NJ are you located? There is a group with some guys from here on facebook, its called tri-state fz 07 owners. I would be up for a ride as soon as my semester is finito, may 10th. Cant wait to see your bike!

i am in warren county, near phillpsburg...how about you? i saw the FB page, was waiting to join until i actually had the bike...
i take my MSF course may 19-21, then plan to go buy the FZ and ride that baby home shortly after. hoping to have it by mem weekend. i will need to get some practice in before i can comfortably run with you big dawgs but would love to get in on a fun group run/runs this summer.

• Premium Member

Looks real nice!

Where did you get the drag bars? And are their different bends?

Thanks. Sorry if this has been discussed in depth somewhere else, but I am new to the drag bar option. Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

bernard1414
Looks real nice! 

Thanks. Sorry if this has been discussed in depth somewhere else, but I am new to the drag bar option. Thanks.
Ordered it from revzilla. Around $20. As far as your options for the bends, I only saw one drag bar. You can opt for a different style of bar, i.e. renthal ultralow's, etc. Hope that helps.

• Premium Member
Looks real nice! 

Ordered it from revzilla. Around $20. As far as your options for the bends, I only saw one drag bar. You can opt for a different style of bar, i.e. renthal ultralow's, etc. Hope that helps.
O.K.,  thanks!  Do you like how they feel when riding?

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

bernard1414
O.K.,  thanks!  Do you like how they feel when riding?
Yea it feels much better to me. A more forward/ lower position. However, for the total package, I would throw a set of adjustable rearsets on the bike. Paired together, I'd imagine its what I am looking for.

waiting for my drag bars to come in, gonna switch over from the woodcraft for while. love the woodcraft but to me the drag bars look so much better. im also from nj! and i have the exact same bike lol which bar end mirrors are you using

Looks real nice! 

Im from Ocean County! NJ

• Premium Member

Hey @bernard1414    
Forum member Paulie (pgeldz) posted some valuable + & - info on different rearsets. I wanted the Lightech as I love all the Italian made stuff, but that price was just too much to swallow. I took his advice on the Driven TT's and I am super pleased with the build quality and ergonomics in conjunction with the drag bars. Feels just right now.

Scroll about 1/4 way down for his rearset info...

http://fz07.org/thread/2583/paulies-fz-07-motogp-edition?page=14&page=

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

bernard1414
waiting for my drag bars to come in, gonna switch over from the woodcraft for while. love the woodcraft but to me the drag bars look so much better. im also from nj! and i have the exact same bike lol which bar end mirrors are you using
NJ also, sweet! What part? The mirrors are from amazon. It was $12 I believe. Cant complain with that price.

NJ also, sweet! What part? The mirrors are from amazon. It was $12 I believe. Cant complain with that price.

Union county! Kenilworth

bernard1414

They do not. I made sure before drilling the holes for the switch pods that they would not touch the tank on full lock. I also adjusted the height of the bars before torquing them down.

• Premium Member

I bought some drag bars. They seem to be about 1/4" wider per side. Has anyone experiment with different widths than stock? Otherwise, I'll probably cut these to the stock width. Thanks!

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

I got my drag bars installed tonight. I will ride on Tuesday as tomorrow's weather sucks. All seems good, but the bars do slightly hit the tank at full lock. I'm not too worried about it as there seems to be plenty of steering still.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 1 month later...

@bernard1414, are those the TST flushmounts? I've been going back and forth debating myself whether to order their clear or their smoked lenses like you have. What is your opinion on the light output and how bright the smoke lenses are during the day and night?

• Premium Member

Mine are smoke and I have no issues with them. In fact the light output has never ever crossed my mind. Lol...don't make a simple choice more complicated than it needs to be. Get the smoke!

• 1 month later...

Bernard, where did you get your rim tape? Could you share a link to it please. It looks white to me? Thanks.

Archived