The MT-07 Forum

Mr.Puss's Grand Unveiling!!!...of yet another custom FZ. (new pics incoming)

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

Here she is, my second wife!!!!! after 8 months of research, spending like a wild man, and swearing like a sailor.

This is my very first bike and build. Everything was a learning curve as my experience with 'all things bike' was nil. I really must thank everyone here who helped me out along the way both directly and indirectly for without your knowledge for me to tap into this project wouldn't have gone as well as it did. So thank you all very very much. Hell, some of you I'd even have over for dinner. ;) Of course this kind of thing is never really "Done" which makes me happy to have this very satisfying ongoing project. She's only got 670-km on her due to 'old man winter' but that's about to change.

I understand now what my late father felt as he hung out in his garage sipping a beer while gazing at his precious Victory. He passed just before I bought this bike, which initially was most of the reason why I bought it; now Im hooked.  Dad I miss you every time I look at, tinker with, and ride this bike, hope you can see it because this one's all for you. Love you.

Here is most of what went into this FZ-07. Excluding of course various necessary wiring harnesses and bits and pieces.

Aesthetics and Mechanical:                     Electrical:                                                         Performance:
-Yamaha sub cowl                                  -PMR dual bar-switch (for Denali DM)               -Yoshimura R-77 SS exhaust
-Yamaha Comfort seat                           -Bikevis Bullets x4amber/ x2white                    -Dobeck EJK
-Driven TT rearsets                                -Cyclops 3800 led headlight                              -K&N Filter
-Ermax undertail                                    -194 mini led headlight bulb (amber)                 -Hordpower airbox and PC-V
-Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors             - Denali DM Micro x4 (x2 Spot/x2 Fog)                 
-Rizoma Polycarb screen (gun-metal)   -Rizoma Avio 21 signals                                     Safety Gear and Audio:                             
-Rizoma Bar-ends                                  -Scorpio SRi900 alarm w/perimetre sensor      -Dainese Pony perf leather pants
-Rizoma Lux Billet Grips                         -'Custom-led' brake light strobe                         -DaineseAvro Jacket w/ manis spine.
 -Renthal ultra-low bars                          -3 SAE connections                                          -Racer R-Safe gloves

-"Savage" Windscreen (matte black)     -Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning horn             -Dainese SuperSpeed D-Dry textile jacket
-CRG Rc2 Full Levers                            -Blinker genie                                                   -Helite airvest
-OES Frame sliders, spools, fork           -'Custom-led' Relay                                          -Shoei Neotec Modular
-"amazon" Drag-bar                                -Custom cabochon airscoop DRL/Sig             -Sidi Vertigo boots
-Beowulf Rad-guard (powder-coated)     -Air scoop led neon mod (amber)                   -Sena10c w/ iasus X3 speakers
-kickers (powder-coated)                        -Ecliptech Shift-I                                              -Motoport- Airmesh Street Jeans (AWESOME)
-N-52 magnets (for oil filter)                    -2x 12"Amber strips (hidden above engine)    -Fiio-A1 mini headphone amp  
-N-52 magnet oil-pan plug                       -Bikevis red (on brake strobe) x2                   -Rpha MAX Modular
-Custom cut rim-tape @ 1/2 inch                                                                                    -Custom EL panels (airvest)
-R&G Case guards w/ little black skulls                                                                          -Moto-D Cool-tec undersuit

-Rizoma gas-cap, black                                                                                                  -Cat sushi keychain
-RAM mount etc.                                                                                                             -Father's ashes
-Ermax rear hugger                                                                                         
-Pyramid front fender xtender
-TechSpec Snakeskin tank guards

:)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig it, very well done!

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

How you gonna tease us with the DM minis though? Put all 4 on!!!

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Legally I can only run one set at a time. I wanted a set running for each high and low beam but mostly I bought 4 because I love they way they look stacked.  At night even one set of these things are super BRIGHT. I feel 4 running would be blinding. I might down the road rewire to 4 running for open road type trips.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Legally I can only run one set at a time. I wanted a set running for each high and low beam but mostly I bought 4 because I love they way they look stacked.  At night even one set of these things are super BRIGHT. I feel 4 running would be blinding.

So...LOL. do it.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Legally I can only run one set at a time. I wanted a set running for each high and low beam but mostly I bought 4 because I love they way they look stacked.  At night even one set of these things are super BRIGHT. I feel 4 running would be blinding.

So...LOL. do it.
Actually, you're damn right. So indeed! Screw low beam and screw the fuzz, Im gonna wire both sets to the highbeam, why else would I have the barswitch? Take me five minutes. Thanks for making me see reason! :D 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
So...LOL. do it.
Actually, you're damn right. So indeed! Screw low beam and screw the fuzz, Im gonna wire both sets to the highbeam, why else would I have the barswitch? Take me five minutes. Thanks for making me see reason! :D
Why not? If you have an exhaust, you're already breaking the law. I run my Akra no baffle and split lanes between 1-3 gear haha. I'm loud as hell going between those cagers! I actually just started using 1st gear today, but that's only because traffic was a bit congestive today.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Why not? If you have an exhaust, you're already breaking the law. I run my Akra no baffle and split lanes between 1-3 gear haha. I'm loud as hell going between those cagers! I actually just started using 1st gear today, but that's only because traffic was a bit congestive today.
Yeah good point, I'll stop being such a square pansy and live a little.  I can never wrap my head around lane splitting. Ballsy. You guys must have wider lanes because there just isnt enough room for that up here in Edmonton even if it were legal. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Yeah good point, I'll stop being such a square pansy and live a little.  I can never wrap my head around lane splitting. Ballsy. You guys must have wider lanes because there just isnt enough room for that up here in Edmonton even if it were legal.
Later I'll do a vlog of my daily commute. I'll talk about how you were scared to run all 4 mini lights. Gotta get a GoPro first LOL.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

It's about time but it was definitely worth the wait. That is freaking awesome!!
Now I'm getting some ideas... Expensive ideas.

• Premium Member

Here we go @jeffkisthename some dusk pics with all 4 Denali's blazing; these things are crazy bright for such little pods. Thanks! Everything makes sense now. :D

[attachment id=1618" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1619" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1620" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1621" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

See! If someone can't see you coming, they're blind as a f'ing bat!!! I don't think cops will bother you as long as you align them properly. Now you have to make me some Yamaha running lights.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Hey, I know I always ask a lot of you...muahahahahaha, but can you get a down road shot with only 2 lights running and one with all 4?

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Later I'll do a vlog of my daily commute. I'll talk about how you were scared to run all 4 mini lights. Gotta get a GoPro first LOL.
HAHA nice! I dont know what I was thinking. You've made the "dinner list" man.  :D 

• Premium Member
Hey, I know I always ask a lot of you...muahahahahaha, but can you get a down road shot with only 2 lights running and one with all 4?
Sure man, I cant get to it tonight though. Ill tag you when I get those up.  

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

BTW those BikeVis Bullets look sweet too. Don't forget to give those things some love. Nice conspiquity pieces for sure.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
BTW those BikeVis Bullets look sweet too. Don't forget to give those things some love. Nice conspiquity pieces for sure.
Most definitely, they are fantastic tiny lights!  

• Premium Member
It's about time but it was definitely worth the wait. That is freaking awesome!! Now I'm getting some ideas... Expensive ideas.
Thanks a lot!  

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Looking good. Love the added visibility with the lights.

Archived