The MT-07 Forum

I love you Kriega.

Mr.Puss

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
What do you usually carry in it during the winter? 
I need to see this thing in person.
Going into work, it's 30°. So I wear cold weather over pants, a few layers under my jacket, thick cold weather gloves, a lunch, a 40 Oz stainless steel water canteen. A small 12vdc tire pump a few other small things. And all that gets stuffed into the bag after work since it goes from 30° to 70°!
I can see that. I ride in our California winters too. Good thing it doesn't snow here. We ride all year. I need a tail bag asap. I hate using my back pack. It's not a dedicated moto backpack, so it doesn't have those side tightening straps or waist straps. Just a big ass back pack. I used to use a boblbee backpack, but I've got way too much stuff now.

SigSide.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going into work, it's 30°. So I wear cold weather over pants, a few layers under my jacket, thick cold weather gloves, a lunch, a 40 Oz stainless steel water canteen. A small 12vdc tire pump a few other small things. And all that gets stuffed into the bag after work since it goes from 30° to 70°!
I can see that. I ride in our California winters too. Good thing it doesn't snow here. We ride all year. I need a tail bag asap. I hate using my back pack. It's not a dedicated moto backpack, so it doesn't have those side tightening straps or waist straps. Just a big ass back pack. I used to use a boblbee backpack, but I've got way too much stuff now.
I always liked the idea of having more than I need rather than having less when I need more. If that make sense. Never know, might have to throw a ps6 in there one day! Lol

• Premium Member
I got the Kriega dry bag, use it for the everyday rain commute, keeps my work lab top computer dry. I like the Kriega bags, I also have the Kriega back pack R25, use it for the dry commute days 67e54087a3fa25b397abac044e0ca193.jpg
Which size is that?

It is US-30 , but in this picture it was less than half full, I could still carry more stuff in bag.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@slow06er you know, when it's half full it isn't so bad. The 30 full isn't bad either, but is a bit much...then again I did tell @caliesv to stuff it earlier LOL! @caliesv those updated half full shots look much better but I'm thinking most of us would keep it 75% full huh?

SigSide.jpg

@slow06er you know, when it's half full it isn't so bad. The 30 full isn't bad either, but is a bit much...then again I did tell @caliesv to stuff it LOL!
I had a whole blanket and a sweater in there lol

Wow, that 30L bag is very... spacious!  :D  I think Kriega makes great stuff. I really wanted the Kriega R20 backpack, but just didn't have $150 available for a backpack. 

Instead I bought a Firstgear Torrent 20L waterproof backpack for about $60 last winter. Very comfortable to wear. Has a roll top (kind of a pro and a con), keeps everything dry. It's about 12"W x 18"H, so small enough I can strap it to the bike easily and a good size for my torso. One of the nicest things about it is the elastic strap keepers are sewn onto the straps themselves so they don't ever slide off and escape. (

) Seems very study. Has held up to all my tossing it down on the ground and such. I don't have a need for it at the moment, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy their matching waterproof dufflebags if I were going to take a trip. 
But, for sure, if they were within reach budget-wise, Kriega would be at the top of my list.

• Premium Member

Thanks for stuffing and posting @caliesv! (Mine's still in the mail)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Thanks for stuffing and posting @caliesv! (Mine's still in the mail)
No problem! Hope u like it. This is my first tail bag. Kinda different using it for me compared to backpacks, but ridding with no backpack is 1000x better!

• Premium Member
Thanks for stuffing and posting @caliesv ! (Mine's still in the mail)
No problem! Hope u like it. This is my first tail bag. Kinda different using it for me compared to backpacks, but ridding with no backpack is 1000x better!
 Yeah this is my first 'luggage' as well. Saddle bags were either too permanent or too small for my needs. I thought the us70 combo would be the most versatile, especially for the enevitable road trip back to Vancouver Island. Looking forward to playing with it. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@mrpuss @caliesv @slow06er I'm going to suck it up and order the US-30. It's always better to have more room than not enough. My backpack on my back looks goofier than a big tail bag. What the heck. Let's do this. I'm going to order in now. By the time y'all read this, RevZilla is going to have my money.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
@mrpuss @caliesv @slow06er I'm going to suck it up and order the US-30. It's always better to have more room than not enough. My backpack on my back looks goofier than a big tail bag. What the heck. Let's do this. I'm going to order in now. By the time y'all read this, RevZilla is going to have my money.
Atta boy! I agree with you on all counts!    Spend that sheit!  

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@mrpuss you read that too fast. Hold on. Entering payment info. Gosh...LOL

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

WORD! HAHA

I would have went with the 20..... Ha! Jk! Right on! You're going to like it!

Hi ! I just bought a US-30 too, I'm going from Montreal to California on a 3-week road-trip, I'll use it with a Nelson Rigg CL2020 tank bag. Since some of you also have a US-30, do you think it will be enough capacity for this road-trip ?
Thanks !

• Premium Member

Should be getting my Kriega Urban messenger bag Monday. I'll get back to you guys with a review after I've played around with it. Looks pretty nice especially since it's a dry bag.

Hi ! I just bought a US-30 too, I'm going from Montreal to California on a 3-week road-trip, I'll use it with a Nelson Rigg CL2020 tank bag. Since some of you also have a US-30, do you think it will be enough capacity for this road-trip ? Thanks !
All depends what u pack I guess. But it for sure holds A LOT.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@biggaudi that bag is nice! Really like the option to use some US-5 bags on there. Definitely keep us updated on how you like that bag. Not everyone will want a back pack. That's a nice alternative.

SigSide.jpg

Hi ! I just bought a US-30 too, I'm going from Montreal to California on a 3-week road-trip, I'll use it with a Nelson Rigg CL2020 tank bag. Since some of you also have a US-30, do you think it will be enough capacity for this road-trip ? Thanks !
All depends what u pack I guess. But it for sure holds A LOT.
Yeah, 30L is a lot for sure, that's so nice ! I'll see as soon as I receive it ! 

• Premium Member

For anyone that has the 20, is it plenty big enough to hold a 14" laptop? I can find no dimensions anywhere.

• Premium Member
For anyone that has the 20, is it plenty big enough to hold a 14" laptop? I can find no dimensions anywhere.
470mm(H) x 280mm(W) x 150mm(D)    
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/kriega-r20-backpack.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADStCqMCx-2BuKApssdxobKUgb_2hACpLnja-BVFCxrOtSSPRoCWFvw_wcB

• Premium Member
470mm(H) x 280mm(W) x 150mm(D)    
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/kriega-r20-backpack.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADStCqMCx-2BuKApssdxobKUgb_2hACpLnja-BVFCxrOtSSPRoCWFvw_wcB

Sorry I meant the US 20, not the backpack. And what are those strange mm measurements? ;)

• Premium Member
Sorry I meant the US 20, not the backpack. And what are those strange mm measurements? ;)
I dont know man, it was direct from the site.....those wily Canucks. ;)   us 20 dry bag>> (H)15.7 x (W)10.2 x (D)7.5 inches 
https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/kriega-us-20-drypack.html

Archived